Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:50 PM

151 posts, read 548,217 times

Advertisements

I agree. Texas has a lot of space to put things...so they do. Kinda like empty rooms in a house...you have to put something there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 PM

404 posts, read 1,030,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Is there a different between a TX Wal-Mart and a WA Wal-Mart? That statement just seems strange.
There's a huge difference. The one in Renton is terrible.

There's a Wal Mart here on every corner. They're usually a lot cleaner and better maintained.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM
SGN

7 posts, read 16,797 times
The cost of living is much higher in the Seattle area than Bedford (I lived in Irving), so if you don't mind a commute, you might also want to check out Maple Valley to the south or Mukilteo/Everett to the north.
The Pacific NW weather is challenging in its own right - we have dark, overcast skies (and rain) from late October until July 4th. If you like winter sports, then that's a great way to deal with the lack of sunshine.
Best of luck in making your decision!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM

187 posts, read 576,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWilliams View Post
here is another question: I have visited several times however none of my visits have been within well, almost a year now. Personally, I do not keep my home at 74, i would melt. With that being said, so many people have different opinions on this and im curious: Lets say I have a home that I can leave my windows or door.. or whatever open and let a breeze come through. First off, does this happen? second... does it keep it cool enough or is it too cool? Not that it matters, this isnt a deal breaker, i am just curious as to what you all think.
My windows typically stay open all summer long - nothing better than that cool summer night air blowing through the house in the evening. On the worst of the nights, I have to dig out the window fan.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,352 times
It isn't hot enough for long to have AC. Of course last summer when it was in the 100's, you wish you did, but for the most part, having your windows/ doors open in the summer works just fine. In the fall and winter, I have the thermostat set at 70 and it is still too cold in the house, for me anyways.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,137 times
Quote:
Yeah, there's usually a week in the summer where it's almost unbearable
It's not unbearable to a Texan.

I am cracking up about Walmart though. That shows you the difference between Texas and Washington though. Washington has world class outdoor recreation, arts (maybe) and intellectual attractions that people pay an arm and a leg to live near.

Texas has convenience, cheap houses and low regulation.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWilliams View Post
Well, my husband and I do not plan on living in the actual city of Seattle, we of course would like to, but we are interested in the areas surrounding Seattle as well. We plan on renting and doubt we would run our heat as much as some people do. We keep our home below 74 for sure! We want smaller schools for our kids (when we have them) and we just do not believe in the Texas education system. As far as liberals go... i never said I wasnt one. I do not want this thread to get into politics at all, as that will not help my decision or anyone else's for that matter who happen to look in this board for help. We appreciate all of the help! Yall have def. given us some things to think about!
Don't discount living in the city unless you have seen it yourself. Most of the geographic area of "Seattle" is actually residential, with a lot of nice neighborhoods and parks.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:20 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
It's not unbearable to a Texan.
Spoken like a true Texan!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
There's a huge difference. The one in Renton is terrible.

There's a Wal Mart here on every corner. They're usually a lot cleaner and better maintained.
They've done a major remodel of the Renton Wal-Mart. It's much more bearable now.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM

172 posts, read 441,976 times
Good luck also. My wifes from Texas Ft. worth area and its way to hot there. Seattle is more expensive and the weather is more moderate. I was quite surprised how ghetto Texas was in most of the cities and towns that I have been to. Seattle Ghetto is nothing compared to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington