Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,425 times

Advertisements

Hello, looking to move to Washington state from California. We are looking for a place that is close enough to the city to be able to use its amenities but far enough that it is peaceful and great to raise a family. In my research and my visits, I have come to like Snohomish - the town and vicinities. I just would like to know more before we do the big move, which will happen by next year.

Please let me know how it fares in terms of:
1) Shools (my child will be starting preschool soon. if public shools aren't good, any private/montessori types that I can send my child to?)
2) Doctors/Hospitals nearby
3) any local burdens in terms of taxes/ordinances/utilities that will shock me (for example, we get charged $97 a month for water and sewerage where we live right now and we don't even use that much water)
4) Traffic in terms of commute to Bellevue (I get that it's like 40 mins. but does it flow most days or does it bottle neck a lot on hwy 9?)
5) Crime (presence of gangs/burglaries)
6) Snow (how much do you get and how many times if ever do you get snowed in) Don't care about grey skies and rain. In case you didn't know, it hasn't stopped raining in NorCal since Nov. and I think we get enough fog to trump your grey skies.

Also, which zip codes would be good? Love the historic town but would that be good for my little one? Is Blackman's Lake good?

Lastly, any cpa firms nearby I can possibly work at? Is it better to look on nwsource or craigslist?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by seeusoon; 07-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: added more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,673,799 times
I can answer some of it.
1) There is a montessori school near 9 south of Snohomish, no idea if it is any good or what the public Snohomish schools are like. Lots of private schools in Everett, but I don't know how good they are.
2) Nearest proper hospital is in Everett, so not too far away.
3) It won't be much less than that
4) 9 gets backed up due to the traffic lights. The recent widening project has helped though.
5) low
6) Not very often, maybe once a year you'll get snow that will disrupt traffic, but generally it isn't bad at all. Probably been worse in recent years than normal, but not significantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington