Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 12:54 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times

Advertisements

What is it with me & idiots on other forums?

Some guy from Spain on the Palm Society forum tried telling me, (being all condescending & calling me mate too), Malta didn't have a zone 11a climate, because the record low was 1.2C When he was corrected that it was worked out from average absolute minimums he then said it was still only a 10a climate at best as he had seen on Accuweather that it regularly drops to 0C When he was corrected about that, he then started claiming southern Spain was now 11a & that it had never gone below freezing in the "Costa Tropical" & even Valencia hadn't had a frost for over 50 years & it rarely drops below 8C When I corrected him on some of that he accused me of initiating a so called "climate battle", telling me a foreignor shouldn't pretend to know about another countries climate, when the friggin idiot did that himself about Malta

I need a drink...

Old 01-25-2015, 12:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
the probability of contracting HIV from non-sexual contacts must be close to zero. well, unless you're born to a mother with HIV, but even then the risk is only 25%.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:59 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post

Some guy from Spain on the Palm Society forum tried telling me, (being all condescending & calling me mate too), Malta didn't have a zone 11a climate, because the record low was 1.2C When he was corrected that it was worked out from average absolute minimums he then said it was still only a 10a climate at best as he had seen on Accuweather that it regularly drops to 0C When he was corrected about that, he then started claiming southern Spain was now 11a & that it had never gone below freezing in the "Costa Tropical" & even Valencia hadn't had a frost for over 50 years & it rarely drops below 8C When I corrected him on some of that he accused me of initiating a so called "climate battle", telling me a foreignor shouldn't pretend to know about another countries climate, when the friggin idiot did that himself about Malta

I need a drink...
There's a fair few idiots here too.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You don't get HIV from tartar sauce.
Mcmuffins don't have tartar sauce!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:07 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
You don't get HIV from eating sperm either. HIV does not survive for long outside of the body, and the mouth is not an effective route of transmission for HIV into the bloodstream. There is also the fact that most people are not HIV positive.

You're fine. Stop worrying. If you went to the doctors and asked for an HIV test because you think your McMuffin had sperm on it, they'd laugh in your face. HIV is not transmitted in this way at all, and no such occurrences have been documented.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
When I corrected him on some of that he accused me of initiating a so called "climate battle", telling me a foreignor shouldn't pretend to know about another countries climate, when the friggin idiot did that himself about Malta
Sounds familiar like a certain poster I remember.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:11 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
heck, even if you inject quantities of HIV-blood straight into the blood stream, the probability of contracting it is around 1%.

HIV & AIDS Information :: Injecting drug use - Why is injecting drug use a risk for HIV transmission?

Old 01-25-2015, 01:16 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You don't get HIV from eating sperm either. HIV does not survive for long outside of the body, and the mouth is not an effective route of transmission for HIV into the bloodstream. There is also the fact that most people are not HIV positive.

You're fine. Stop worrying. If you went to the doctors and asked for an HIV test because you think your McMuffin had sperm on it, they'd laugh in your face. HIV is not transmitted in this way at all, and no such occurrences have been documented.
I don't get how people can do that's...

Old 01-25-2015, 01:18 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
If you have sperm on your McMuffin then it isn't your fault!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:25 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:

I need a drink...
I've went through the same thing on a different board, some random person tried to tell me that I didn't live in zone 7b because lower temps have occurred. That's not how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather