Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,455,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I see the unabated development of FL continues. Jeez I can only imagine what that state will be like with 30M, 40M or 50M people. Developers own your state. The growth is non stop. Doesn't anyone there want to limit growth at some point? The whole state will be paved over in a matter of years at the current rate. Thank god PA still has millions of acres of untouched forests.

Our forest cover remains stable at 59%. I can only imagine the number in Florida.

Professor: Pennsylvania's forest cover remains stable at 59 percent | Penn State UniversityForest coverage story
Rapid development is just another reason I wouldn't be able to stand living in Florida, especially South Florida. Thank Odin Pennsylvania's forest cover is not declining. However, I'm not at all happy about the ever-increasing urban sprawl and the loss of farmland in Pennsylvania.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:02 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,666,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I quite enjoyed having him back.. the forum livened up a bit lol
I enjoyed too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
He'll be back again.
Hopefully.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:14 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,528,237 times
Quote:
I see the unabated development of FL continues. Jeez I can only imagine what that state will be like with 30M, 40M or 50M people. Developers own your state. The growth is non stop. Doesn't anyone there want to limit growth at some point? The whole state will be paved over in a matter of years at the current rate. Thank god PA still has millions of acres of untouched forests.

Our forest cover remains stable at 59%. I can only imagine the number in Florida.

Professor: Pennsylvania's forest cover remains stable at 59 percent | Penn State UniversityForest coverage story
Half the state will be flooded by rising sea levels long before it reaches those numbers. The high water is already creating problems in places like Ft Lauderdale, and it's only going to get worse over time.

It looks like California will empty out due to not enough water, Florida will empty out because of too much water - where will all those people go? Atlanta might be getting real crowded in coming years...lol.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,606,222 times
The stories of California doesn't have enough water to support its population is dumb. 80% of California's water goes to agriculture. Somewhere between one-third to one-half of the remaining residential consumption could cut through conservation and letting lawns dry up. San Francisco's water residential consumption is almost half the state average due to the lack of yard space, those with yards elsewhere in the state can xeriscape or deal. Does the fact the current agriculture can't be supported if water runs out mean California isn't sustainable? Not really. Other parts of the country import food from other regions, and much of California's agriculture isn't for local consumption, it's for the rest of the country.

https://twitter.com/VamonosLA/status/584792628425691136

California's wealthy lagging in water conservation - LA Times

Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM

9 posts, read 7,586 times
I will not be back again because there is no point, Nei keeps banning me every single time I come back (which was only twice). It is really lousy and hurtful. I am not a troll going out of my way to annoy people (I wasn't raised this way), I clearly have an interest in the weather,climate and the sunset times throughout the world. I'm not really that bothered anyway because I am a member of another forum that I have an interest in also. I am not going to waste my time recreating accounts over and over again and I will not be using this account again namely beause I don't have the time and it is a rediculously childish thing to do.

All I will say is that I think some moderators are on a power trip.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:21 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,961,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherwhat View Post
I will not be back again because there is no point, Nei keeps banning me every single time I come back (which was only twice). It is really lousy and hurtful. I am not a troll going out of my way to annoy people (I wasn't raised this way), I clearly have an interest in the weather,climate and the sunset times throughout the world. I'm not really that bothered anyway because I am a member of another forum that I have an interest in also. I am not going to waste my time recreating accounts over and over again and I will not be using this account again namely beause I don't have the time and it is a rediculously childish thing to do.

All I will say is that I think some moderators are on a power trip.

What were your previous account names?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:26 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,961,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Half the state will be flooded by rising sea levels long before it reaches those numbers. The high water is already creating problems in places like Ft Lauderdale, and it's only going to get worse over time.

Florida would have never developed this rapidly if the US had loads of warm winter areas. But, since FL is basically it for winter warmth, the state is chock full of people. When the rising seas push those people out, they will have to face winter again. Oh well. US is just unlucky in geography. If we had a large mountain chain across the Canadian border, much of the southeast US would be as warm in winters as S. Florida. I would imagine a full growing zone warmer for everyone.

Since Canadians are fueling a lot of this condo development, maybe it is time they were banned from buying real estate in the US.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:02 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,862,361 times
Quote:
What were your previous account names?
Let me think.

... could it be Adi?
... WilliamBrantley?
... ben86?

Or...

... could it be a boy who's dad has an Airbus and lives on an island known as the Green Island?

Old 04-06-2015, 12:09 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,474,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Rapid development is just another reason I wouldn't be able to stand living in Florida, especially South Florida. Thank Odin Pennsylvania's forest cover is not declining. However, I'm not at all happy about the ever-increasing urban sprawl and the loss of farmland in Pennsylvania.
Me too! Another reason southern Louisiana seems preferable to Florida.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:13 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,286,229 times
This is the land that's going to be developed. Less than a mile from my house. Like we need more people driving down Locks Road.
They should be able to fit about 8 houses if they're half acre lots.

http://goo.gl/maps/049ST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather