Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
dat segue to chicago's climate

Also Chicago is terrible mate, freezing winters and humid wet summers no thanks
I can understand that someone might not be a winter weather fan, and that would easily cause them to dislike our climatem Though our summers are not wet. The vast majority of the rain comes from short duration thunderstorms. We see a lot more sunshine than London and your city too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 05:55 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Just no:

Beijing
Moscow
Vancouver
Montréal
Jakarta
Singapore
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Tokyo
Osaka
New Delhi
Mumbai
Kolkata
Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
Recife
Rio de Janeiro
Abu Dhabi
Riyadh
Jeddah
Tehran
Dubai
Doha
Kuwait City
Cairo
Kansas City
Atlanta
St. Louis
Phoenix
Dallas
Detroit
Chicago
Milwaukee
New York City
Las Vegas
Miami
Orlando
Houston
Seville
Athens

All those cities have far worse climates than London... I probably forgot quite a few as well
I'd say the bulk of the cities you've listed have a better climate than London. But that doesn't mean London's anywhere near having the near the worst climate on earth.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:58 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I can understand that someone might not be a winter weather fan, and that would easily cause them to dislike our climatem Though our summers are not wet. The vast majority of the rain comes from short duration thunderstorms. We see a lot more sunshine than London and your city too.
Chicago's about the short shoulder seasons for me. Winter and Summer are both a bit too much for my tastes. Although I think the summers are definitely more tolerable than the winters.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
I would say no to London having the worst climate although it's a climate that I don't enjoy most of the year. Toronto, Detroit, and Moscow are just a couple with worse climate.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:18 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
To shortly answer the OP: yes, objectively, London has the worst climate of any sizeable city. I must be especially infuriating for Londoners knowing that the best climates on earth are found only a couple hundred miles away, just across the Channel.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Chicago's about the short shoulder seasons for me. Winter and Summer are both a bit too much for my tastes. Although I think the summers are definitely more tolerable than the winters.
March and November are horrible here imo. The second half of April is usually very spring-like. Chicago/MDW on April 15th is 15.0C and on the 30th it's 18.3C. For my town its 16.1C and 19.2C. May and especially September are usually nice, though in May you can still get very chilly especially close to the lakefront if winds turn northeast off of the still cold lake water.

For people who dislike winter, then Chicago isn't the place for you. Then again neither is London with highs of 7-8C and constant cloud.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
March and November are horrible here imo. The second half of April is usually very spring-like. Chicago/MDW on April 15th is 15.0C and on the 30th it's 18.3C. For my town its 16.1C and 19.2C. May and especially September are usually nice, though in May you can still get very chilly especially close to the lakefront if winds turn northeast off of the still cold lake water.

For people who dislike winter, then Chicago isn't the place for you. Then again neither is London with highs of 7-8C and constant cloud.
Temperature-wise, London's winter is basically like an extended version of some shoulder months in Chicago, but cloudier. Cold weather haters would dislike both, but they'd hate Chicago a lot more.

The reverse is true for heat lovers during summer.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
To shortly answer the OP: yes, objectively, London has the worst climate of any sizeable city. I must be especially infuriating for Londoners knowing that the best climates on earth are found only a couple hundred miles away, just across the Channel.
Please tell me you're trolling

Old 03-23-2017, 07:19 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Just no:

Beijing
Moscow
Vancouver
Montréal
Jakarta
Singapore
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Tokyo
Osaka
New Delhi
Mumbai
Kolkata
Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
Recife
Rio de Janeiro
Abu Dhabi
Riyadh
Jeddah
Tehran
Dubai
Doha
Kuwait City
Cairo
Kansas City
Atlanta
St. Louis
Phoenix
Dallas
Detroit
Chicago
Milwaukee
New York City
Las Vegas
Miami
Orlando
Houston
Seville
Athens

All those cities have far worse climates than London... I probably forgot quite a few as well
Sevilla has a marvelous climate which warms up real quick in early March.

Don't let the July and August averages trick you, it's dry hot, much better than any +30°C in a Cfa climate.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 AM

I work with a Nigerian guy, and even he said that he found Seville's summer temperatures unbearable. He said it felt like his skin was on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather