Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my Fictional Climate
A 12 19.35%
B 8 12.90%
C 6 9.68%
D 16 25.81%
E 10 16.13%
F 3 4.84%
Z 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 05:02 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,304,629 times

Advertisements

Nerston:
Pos- Reasonable summer, rainfall is nice
Neg- too much snow, not enough sun

C

Promenade:
Pos- excellent summer, great sun, excellent summer lows and record highs, good rainfall.
Neg- winter is a bit too cold, and snow

B+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 05:33 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectricspider39 View Post
Rate this climate:
A-, really like this. Seasons could warm up a bit quicker though.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:39 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
My Climate Utopia is a very cold,cloudy and very snowy winters and very warm summers with lots of heavy rain and thunderstorms. After you rate my climate, create or show yours.(Optional)
How did you edit this post 2 months later?

Old 12-18-2016, 04:00 PM

127 posts, read 111,778 times
I automatically rate all climates with no at least two average lows below 0°C with Z (I guess that's the worst grade?).

jgtheone, first one is C (C- actually). Winters should be noticeably colder and snowier and summers (especially nights) are just a bit too hot. Sunshine is near perfect. I'd maybe rate it B, but then i saw rain...just too much of it. For the second one, see above.

Wario Toad 32, that looks quite nice, although more snow and colder winters would be better. Plus, a couple more hundreds sunshine hours, maybe. But then again, rain makes me give it a C (would have been solid B if it wasn't so rainy).

Quote:
Here is my dream (:
Thoughts?
Not enough snow, too much rain. Winter too warm, summers too cool (i prefer bigger temperature amplitudes, i.e. hot summers and cold winters). All in all, not that bad, a C+/B-.

Also, i live in an Cfb, close to Dfb climate (Zagreb, Croatia) and i find it's winters too mild. Summers are good.

P.S.: How do I upload a picture here (don't kill me I'm new here)?

Old 12-21-2016, 02:12 PM

Never mind, I found it out.
Anyway, here's my ideal climate:
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-idealnaklima.png

Old 12-21-2016, 02:41 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,043,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrda99 View Post
Attachment 178925
Summers are a bit too warm and the snow is far too dry for me, but I'll give it a B

Old 12-22-2016, 12:30 PM

49 posts, read 46,339 times
Another fictional climate.

Just "idealized transition" from European Cfb/Dfb climate to Csa climate further south. But still without "drier notch" even at height of summer. Thanks to frequent diurnally driven t-storms/showers which incoming from nearby mountains (or initiated by various convergence zones like sea-land breeze) and occasional penetration of upper troughs embedded in westerlies (jet stream) which are very helpful for another initiation of large t-storm clusters (MCS).

This all is reason why ""mediterranean rainfall pattern" is still largely destroyed. In addition this climate is protected by large mountains and is influenced by dry downslope winds like bora and foehn. These winds are most common in winter and they help to keep sunshine hours relatively high even in the cool season (at least for european standards).

Clasification:
- Cfa (Koppen)
- Do-ak (Trewartha)

- The City is somewhere in southern Europe, 45° north.

Topography around "The City":
- Large lowland (100 000 - 150 000 square km) between 43° - 47° north.
- The City is somewhere in the middle of northern 1/2 of lowland. Rather closer to the mountains.
- Lowland is located just south and east of large mountain chain (height mostly above 2000, but below 4900 meters a. s. l.).
- Lowland is sheltered from W, NW, N and NE.
- And open to SW, S, SE and E.
- Elevation mostly 100 - 200 m a. s. l., very flat, more rugged topography and higher elevation closer to the mouintains.
- There is sea around lowland to the SW, SE and E. Sea to the E and SE is very shallow and from year to year can produce "sea effect snow" (when winds blowing from the east in winter).
- To the south lowland is connected with landmass (peninsula).

Additional information for "The City":
- 48 days with thunder
- 35 days with thunder + 1 or more mm of precipitation
- 21 days with thunder + 10 or more mm of precipitation
- 68 days with 10 or more mm of precipitation
- 123 days with 0,1 mm or more of precipitation
- 103 days at or above 25 °C
- 38 days at or above 30 °C
- 3 - 4 days at or above 35 °C
- 35 nights with lows at or above 20 °C
- 32 nights with freezing lows
- 3 - 4 days with freezing highs

Last edited by Nameless42; 12-22-2016 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 12:55 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,682,713 times
C: summers are too hot but it's a good climate after all

Now, a pure nightmare!

Old 12-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Summers are a bit too warm and the snow is far too dry for me, but I'll give it a B
First, glad to see I'm not the only one around here who likes "normal" climates, not those "always-above-20C-types".

Too dry?? I hope you mean too much snow, too little rain. Because if you want to say that 430 inches of snow is not enough than... well it's weird lol. Yes summers are warm, but they are rather short. I'm a big fan of short and intense summers, just look at June and especially September, they are noticeably cooler than July and August. I also don't like fall so I made a fast transition between summer and winter.

Quote:
Now, a pure nightmare!
Hah, I guess your words describe it very good. F from me (guess that's what you wanted)

Here's my second/third favorite climate (by that I mean climate that is very different from your ideal, but still wouldn't mind living in it):

Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-druganajboljaklimamala.png

Old 12-22-2016, 02:18 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrda99 View Post
Attachment 178925
Too extreme for me. Summer temps and May look good, but waaaaay too snowy and cool in Autumn. Winters are a bit too cold, but not anything I couldn't live with. And way too little rain in all season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather