Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my Fictional Climate
A 12 19.35%
B 8 12.90%
C 6 9.68%
D 16 25.81%
E 10 16.13%
F 3 4.84%
Z 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:03 AM

38 posts, read 42,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post
I'd rate that climate a D - cool year round isn't my favorite. At least it doesn't get freaky cold, though, and sunshine is decent.

Why is the record high for July just 0.1*F above the average, though?
Because of geographic influence and the air composition, so less variation in record and avg. high temps in the winter, anyway. Most of the city is flat (more hilly in the east, west and north) and has some unusable beaches, however.

Last edited by TAR456; 02-05-2017 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: More info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 03:09 AM

Here's climate data for Trena, a desert city located just 24 km from the ocean, near a volcano and the mountains in the east block the views of the ocean, elevation 90 m, and a major river passes the city, also through the downtown. I'd rate this F for so boring and hot temps, even though it is capital of a fictional country and apparently a major city known about its history (it even has skyscrapers).

Old 03-11-2017, 09:54 AM

808 posts, read 710,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAR456 View Post
Here's climate data for Trena, a desert city located just 24 km from the ocean, near a volcano and the mountains in the east block the views of the ocean, elevation 90 m, and a major river passes the city, also through the downtown. I'd rate this F for so boring and hot temps, even though it is capital of a fictional country and apparently a major city known about its history (it even has skyscrapers).
Sorry to perform a minor grave-dig, but that's because I still don't know what to rate this. Winter average temps look lovely, but it's interesting that May has the second lowest average high. I like the potential for good heat year-round, but why does September (coming off of winter) have a higher record high than February (summer)?

Precipitation totals are too low year-round, but at least it isn't like Lima with all the wasted overcast! Low humidity is also a plus.

Overall, I'd rate it a D+, with an apology for peeing on a climate with an annual average temperature so close to my ideal.

Edit: 500th post! Woohoo!

Old 03-11-2017, 10:19 AM

658 posts, read 359,399 times
It looks like a cooler version of Dubai with more sun,. F.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post
Sorry to perform a minor grave-dig, but that's because I still don't know what to rate this. Winter average temps look lovely, but it's interesting that May has the second lowest average high. I like the potential for good heat year-round, but why does September (coming off of winter) have a higher record high than February (summer)?

Precipitation totals are too low year-round, but at least it isn't like Lima with all the wasted overcast! Low humidity is also a plus.

Overall, I'd rate it a D+, with an apology for peeing on a climate with an annual average temperature so close to my ideal.

Edit: 500th post! Woohoo!
I'm only posted it for fun, anyway. There was a unexpected heat wave on that month that gave that temp. Thanks.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 PM

127 posts, read 111,499 times
Why is everyone obssesed with boring climates thatnever go below 20C?? Seems like I'm the only one who loves a good -10C winter and bunch of snow.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,921 times
Alright, here's my climate. Yes, I named it RegalHawkville because I couldn't think of any creative city names on the spot.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:38 AM

808 posts, read 710,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrda99 View Post
Why is everyone obssesed with boring climates thatnever go below 20C?? Seems like I'm the only one who loves a good -10C winter and bunch of snow.
You're far from the only one who loves a good -10*C winter and a bunch of snow on here; I'd say the people on here who like climates that never go below 20*C are the vast minority. I have one of the warmest ideal climates on here and the average winter low is about 15*C; I think only Deneb78 would like a record low above 20*C!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalHawk View Post
Alright, here's my climate. Yes, I named it RegalHawkville because I couldn't think of any creative city names on the spot.
Not a bad climate IMO, though the record highs could stand to be a bit higher. 42*F in summer is just not fun.

The averages are good throughout the year, though - cool to cold (but not too cold) winters, warm summers, and mild transition seasons. I like the potential for good warmth, even in winter, and I like the fact that the snow season doesn't drag on until May, getting done and over with by the end of February.

Overall, I'd give it a B-, as I'd still like it to be a little warmer than 48/26 in the winter.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:31 AM

3,314 posts, read 2,214,542 times
Desert City is a fictional Climate that has short warm winters and extremely hot Summers with monsoonal moisture from July-September.

Attached Thumbnails
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-fictionalclimate.png  

Old 09-11-2017, 05:44 AM

50 posts, read 68,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
C: A little too hot in the summer but I like the precipitation pattern. Those extremes are too high as well.

Here is a weird Cfa climate that is almost an Af climate.
Just saw this 2 years later but gonna reply anyway
Wow this is near to my perfect climate, maybe winter could be a little cooler like 17/18 for a high just to keep that seasonality but that's the only thing I can complain about. A+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather