Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 09:14 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I have a strangely narrow tolerance for indoor temperatures. I'm shivering at 20C and sweating at 25C.
25c indoors is disgusting. Outdoors 25c is perfect, but indoors no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How do you stand an indoor temp that cold? I would be turning blue with an indoor temp that cold

lol @ turning blue. It was overnight. That's what happens when you keep doors and windows open in the evening then not light the wood stove. Night time drops even more inside. So I did light the stove this morning to take that chill out of the air and bring it back up to 60s. Go figure, an above normal temp week and month and we still need the heat. Some fail to understand that while constantly plastering those red above normal maps & ignoring the cold. Hence why I had to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
He loves cold. Always hoping for cold and snow. Everyone knows that already.

Not indoors though but I do have a better tolerance then most I guess. I like to be warm inside with the ability to step outside and be cold with natural air. Nothing worse than constant fake cold air, it was getting frustrating in September needing the fake air for cold/cool air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I have a strangely narrow tolerance for indoor temperatures. I'm shivering at 20C and sweating at 25C.

I'm the same way! Just not with those temps. Kinda weird! It's either A/C or heat seems like for me. 15C is chilly inside but 21C is too warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I agree 25c indoors is inhumane unless you're old.
I agree 25c outdoors is perfect for June-July-August only.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:06 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
lol @ turning blue. It was overnight. That's what happens when you keep doors and windows open in the evening then not light the wood stove. Night time drops even more inside. So I did light the stove this morning to take that chill out of the air and bring it back up to 60s. Go figure, an above normal temp week and month and we still need the heat. Some fail to understand that while constantly plastering those red above normal maps & ignoring the cold. Hence why I had to ignore.

Not indoors though but I do have a better tolerance then most I guess. I like to be warm inside with the ability to step outside and be cold with natural air. Nothing worse than constant fake cold air, it was getting frustrating in September needing the fake air for cold/cool air.

I'm the same way! Just not with those temps. Kinda weird! It's either A/C or heat seems like for me. 15C is chilly inside but 21C is too warm.

I agree 25c indoors is inhumane unless you're old.
I agree 25c outdoors is perfect for June-July-August only.
We heat our apartment to 70° in the winter, don't use heat or AC from mid Feb to mid Mar and again from mid Nov to early Dec, and from mid Mar to mid Nov, we set our AC at 75°.

To be fair, I spent 13 years living in a 84° house from June to September, because my aunt didn't want her power bill to exceed $200/month

Old 10-16-2016, 10:38 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
To be fair, I spent 13 years living in a 84° house from June to September, because my aunt didn't want her power bill to exceed $200/month
Hard to comment without details but I keep my house in the upper 60s, low 70s in the summer and my bill under $250 .. May to September AC on practically everyday. So either there was something else driving the electric bill up for her at the time or the A/C was very inefficient. NO WAY keeping the temp in the mid-upper 70s at least would drive it over $200/mth. No excuse to keep indoors at 84°. NONE, Not in this damn era or country. You destroy a home keeping it over 75°. Walls, beams, floors, ect, but that's another topic.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:47 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
My house is usually around 60 F/16 C in the winter and 75 F/24 C during the summer. It certainly does go outside those margins, mostly in the summer. During the summer it can get up to 80 F/27 C and even warmer if I don't turn on the A/C. Winter I sometimes turn the heat up to 62 F or 63 F (17 C). If the heat it off, it can go down to 58 F/14 C. A sweatshirt and socks suffice in keeping me comfortable despite the low indoor temperature. A fan is my best friend during the summer.

I think my ideal indoor winter temperature would be 65-68 F (18-20 C) and summer around 72 F/22 C, but need to stay cognizant of the environmental and financial costs.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:17 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
During summer our AC is set to 76F. My bedroom usually feels a bit warmer than the rest of the house, and a bit cooler when the heat is on, so it must no be insulated very well.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:35 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
I generally want 23c-26c in Spring, altho if its humid af 26c is better for summer

Old 10-16-2016, 11:39 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Hard to comment without details but I keep my house in the upper 60s, low 70s in the summer and my bill under $250 .. May to September AC on practically everyday. So either there was something else driving the electric bill up for her at the time or the A/C was very inefficient. NO WAY keeping the temp in the mid-upper 70s at least would drive it over $200/mth. No excuse to keep indoors at 84°. NONE, Not in this damn era or country. You destroy a home keeping it over 75°. Walls, beams, floors, ect, but that's another topic.
Try a 3,000 sq ft house in Phoenix, you realize our NORMAL mean temp hits 97° in mid July, right? Think of how many BTU's it would take to cool a 3,000 sq ft house 27° F from what would be about 102° without AC down to 75°. We have an avg power bill of $180 in July setting an 1,100 sq ft apartment to 75°, so do the math

Old 10-16-2016, 11:46 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,848,695 times
72 F is the perfect temp for indoors IMO. 77 F is ok during the middle of the afternoon when I'm active, but terrible when trying to sleep. 56 F is way to damn cold for indoors regardless of what you're doing, but Cambium is an Eskimo, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
No fall in FL . Another above normal Oct and very dry. Just goes to show how much the weather have changed in my local area since 1981 and now much the planet is seeing a rapid warm up. I have seen temps come up over 4 degrees on avg since i started keeping records in the late 70's in my local area.
Wunderground is showing possible 50s for lows next weekend in Orlando, so it looks like central Florida will finally be getting its big cooldown soon.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:15 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
72 F is the perfect temp for indoors IMO. 77 F is ok during the middle of the afternoon when I'm active, but terrible when trying to sleep.
You want it warmer when you're active, and cooler when you're lying still?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather