Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has a better collection of climates?
The state of Texas 23 29.87%
The country of Japan 54 70.13%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 01:45 PM

5,723 posts, read 3,505,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
It's just scientifically hard to believe that a sea-level area that is not colder than Boston would get the most snow in a mountainous region. I don't take illustrations as official proof. That's that.
Healthy skepticism is good!

In that spirit, I found another source (again in Japanese) which analyzed the snowfall around Aomori. In keeping with what you said, this source does suggest higher snowfall at higher elevations. However, it still confirms an annual average of 600 cm in the city proper (with more than 1100 cm in mountains).

Figure 2 Distribution of total annual snowfall in Aomori Prefecture (1961-70) Aomori Prefecture Agricultural Meteorological 10-Year Report (Aomori Prefecture) According to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Forestry, 1971). (Translated via Google--amounts are in meters)

Source: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article.../_pdf/-char/ja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
Look I'm not ruling out part of the city might get it especially the higher elevations, I need to see a super-heavy snow pack in downtown harbour to it represents all the city. The climate data for temperatures in the main part of the city makes me hard to believe it's everywhere.
The objective measurements from the JMA are better quality evidence than random photos off the internet. Random photos can give a misleading impression of a climate.

Source: South Texas Snowstorm - December 7-8, 2017 (Government source--may be posted as per forum terms of service)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather