Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Junter have you seen the UK TV show 'Benidorm'? It shows the typical type of Brits who go to the Spanish Costa's for their week in the sun every year
It's typical of working class Brits who go to places that are "cheap as chips", such as Bendorm. Although I admit that it is depressingly accurate

Old 03-21-2017, 12:34 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes but the Maltese are mentally 3rd world.
True. Much of the infrastructure is 3rd world too, it's only since joining the EU that proper decent roads have been built & things like traffic lights installed lol... And they don't understand the concept of queuing

Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times
Quote:
The Maltese are awful for littering, they keep their houses immaculately clean, yet don't give a sh*t about outside their front doors. They will throw rubbish out of moving cars, drop anything anywhere & no one picks up their dogs sh*t either They also like to blame all the filth & mess everywhere on the tourists, when in reality most tourists use bins or take rubbish home from the beach with them. There are street cleaners here (usually some African migrant being paid below minimum wage) but still the streets in general are filthy, especially if you go away from the main touristy streets & during the summer it is worse when it doesn't rain for weeks on end as the dog sh*t etc.. tends to pile up
Sounds like the middle east, if there was an award for cleanest houses it would be there. As our streets, no respect whatsoever. The world is your trash can.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
It's typical of working class Brits who go to places that are "cheap as chips", such as Bendorm. Although I admit that it is depressingly accurate
My partner is a manager at a nearby hotel & he gets the typical Brits at his hotel too, they drink their body weight in lager before lunchtime & moan if the restaurant doesn't have chips lol

Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
My partner is a manager at a nearby hotel & he gets the typical Brits at his hotel too, they drink their body weight in lager before lunchtime & moan if the restaurant doesn't have chips lol
I can't understand why people go on holiday and just want "Britain in the sun". Yes, the weather is good in Spain, but the main reason why I'd visit somewhere is to sample the lifestyle and culture.

People expect the same in Australia, they just care about the sun. They often don't bother to research other aspects about the place, which is why so many Brits return home, giving rise to the term "Boomerang Brits".

Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Sounds like the middle east, if their was an award for cleanest houses it would be there. As our streets, no respect whatsoever. The world is your trash can.
Must be a cultural thing as Maltese are largely of Arabic origin (despite them trying to vehemently deny it). Much of Malta looks like the Middle East too, which is why many films set there are filmed in Malta...

Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
I swear most Latin countries are like that too. Houses so clean you can eat off the floor but outside is a disaster

Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
British tourists in Southern Europe sound like the snowbirds here. ***** about everything, are here for six months of the year and still somehow forget where everything is, drive 70 km/h in the fast lane, usually fat tubs of lard that are eye sores to look at, etc.....

Have I mentioned how annoying I think snowbirds are?

Old 03-21-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I can't understand why people go on holiday and just want "Britain in the sun". Yes, the weather is good in Spain, but the main reason why I'd visit somewhere is to sample the lifestyle and culture.

People expect the same in Australia, they always underestimate the differences, which is why so many Brits return home, giving rise to the term "Boomerang Brits".
Some of the things people at my partners hotel complain about are hilarious... As well as moaning about the lack of "British" food, they complain that it is hot (seriously), that there are mosquitoes, that there are cockroaches, lizards etc.. they even complain that there are no UK TV channels on the TV's in their rooms

Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
I assumed Malta and Sicily are similar culturally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather