Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 09:44 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
He is either a Muslim or a regressive leftist. I love how naive you are. He is blaming the government for Islamic terrorism. Typical to what regressives do. Last time I checked, these people are victims to, you imbecile. But because you have a pea-sized brain and a pro-Islamic agenda, your little brain wouldn't comprehend this.

Go on, keep on being mad and keep on making lousy excuses while we destroy the religion that you revere. And the religion that wants your head cut off for liking penis.

You're a walking caricature. They make memes on asinine simpletons like yourself.
About the gay part, in Islam being gay isn't what's wrong. You can like men you want. It's gay sex that's frowned upon. I'm not too versed in sharia law but in the past it was possible to get the death penalty for it. I don't know how these rules would be today though, and how they would apply. The beauty of the religion of Islam is its meant to change and accommodate with time. Only 5 things that are 100% indisputably set in stone are the 5 pillars of Islam. Charity, pilgrimage, prayers, oneness of God, and fasting. Rest of the Islamic rules can be changed and be subject to different interpretations, unless it's from the Quran it can't be changed, but it can be interpreted differently. There is actually a growing Muslim gay community that somehow translated the Quran to allowing gays. I want to put more research into the topic, but I have not found a single respectable sheikh who has advocated for the death penalty on gays.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:47 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Ethereal has the intelligence of an amoeba - I wouldn't waste your time conversing with him.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:53 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It's like conversing with a brick wall. Right-wing people are always blaming the government for Islamic terrorism. They believe left-wing governments are the cause of Islamic terrorism in Europe by allowing 'unfettered' immigration into Europe in the first place. This is a very simple concept and I am not sure why you're struggling to understand it. It is exactly where floridanative is coming from. He is neither a Muslim or a regressive leftist - you're just being thick by throwing around terms you don't even understand.

I have a pro-Islamic agenda because I don't hate Muslims and don't care about their presence. What logic.
Aha, the good old "talking with a brickwall" riposte. You stubbornly don't want to understand my side of the argument. It's so convenient on your part.

You really cannot understand my point. And that's so exemplary from politically correct apologists. They never get it and they always retort to strawmans. And you're showing it with your adolescent-driven insults. But of course, I am the 12 year old in here.

I am flabbergasted at the fact that you don't have the ability to make a distinction between Muslims, who are usually no different to you and me, and Islam, which is a cancerous stain on humankind (that SOME Muslims take seriously).

Your arguments are emotion driven and mawkish at best, comforting a Muslim user here because I spoke poorly of his religion. What does muslim12 have to do with anything? My problem is with his religion, not him. What's "Islamophobic" is when you guys shove in their people and go "look at this innocent Muslim, what about him", who are not always part of the problem.

Quote:
Ethereal has the intelligence of an amoeba - I wouldn't waste your time conversing with him.
Says that gay guy who supports a religion founded by a homophobic, racist, warmongering, pedophile.

I'd rather be an amoeba than to be a PC, regressive sheep like you. Lol.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Aha, the good old "talking with a brickwall" riposte. You stubbornly don't want to understand my side of the argument. It's so convenient on your part.

You really cannot understand my point. And that's so exemplary from politically correct apologists. They never get it and they always retort to strawmans. And you're showing it with your adolescent-driven insults. But of course, I am the 12 year old in here.

I am flabbergasted at the fact that you don't have the ability to make a distinction between Muslims, who are usually no different to you and me, and Islam, which is a cancerous stain on humankind (that SOME Muslims take seriously).

Your arguments are emotion driven and mawkish at best, comforting a Muslim user here because I spoke poorly of his religion. What does muslim12 have to do with anything? My problem is with his religion, not him. What's "Islamophobic" is when you guys shove in their people and go "look at this innocent Muslim, what about him", who are not always part of the problem.
This seems to be an issue for you, not me. I am no fan of Islam, or any organised religion. I am merely defending Muslims - and a particular Muslim user. I am not defending their religion. You have entered this argument with the idea that I am coming to the defence of Islam, or that I'm trying to excuse the religion of its obvious shortcomings. I haven't used the word 'Islamophobia' in any of my posts, nor have I ever. And you accuse me of strawmans?

I think the world would be better off without organised religion of any kind - I have always been clear in this regard - but I will not waste my time attacking those who adhere to religion, unless they give me reason to.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
About the gay part, in Islam being gay isn't what's wrong. You can like men you want. It's gay sex that's frowned upon. I'm not too versed in sharia law but in the past it was possible to get the death penalty for it. I don't know how these rules would be today though, and how they would apply. The beauty of the religion of Islam is its meant to change and accommodate with time. Only 5 things that are 100% indisputably set in stone are the 5 pillars of Islam. Charity, pilgrimage, prayers, oneness of God, and fasting. Rest of the Islamic rules can be changed and be subject to different interpretations, unless it's from the Quran it can't be changed, but it can be interpreted differently. There is actually a growing Muslim gay community that somehow translated the Quran to allowing gays. I want to put more research into the topic, but I have not found a single respectable sheikh who has advocated for the death penalty on gays.
There's no point of being gay if you're not going to sleep with a man. The Hadiths are revolting towards homosexuals. And there have been sheikhs who have spoken callously about homosexuals.

As I said in my other post, the people usually have nothing to do with the religion. I am aiming Islam, not Muslims. But there are absent-minded, pompous hypocrites who fail to see the point that I'm making.

Can there be a growing gay community in Palestine, Jordan, Egypt or even Iran? You know the answer is no. That's because Islam dominates there. I commend you for being supportive of gays, and I will always respect you as the person that you are.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
This seems to be an issue for you, not me. I am no fan of Islam, or any organised religion. I am merely defending Muslims - and a particular Muslim user. I am not defending their religion. You have entered this argument with the idea that I am am coming to the defence of Islam, or that I'm trying to excuse the religion of its obvious shortcomings. I haven't used the word 'Islamophobia' in any of my posts, nor have I ever. And you accuse me of strawmans?

I think the world would be better off without organised religion of any kind - I have always been clear in this regard - but I will not waste my time attacking those who adhere to religion, unless they give me reason to.
Okay, fair enough, so we both aren't fans of Islam and have no problem with the moderates, now what were we arguing about all this time? Let's hope that it was a big misunderstanding.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Okay, fair enough, so we both aren't fans of Islam and have no problem with the moderates, now what were we arguing about all this time? Let's hope that it was a big misunderstanding.
This argument began with floridanative and his original post.

Tensions run quite high during times like this, so I will apologise now for being rude. To this day I don't think I've ever had a disagreement with you and I don't fancy falling out over something silly.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:10 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,132 times
Quote:
There's no point of being gay if you're not going to sleep with a man. The Hadiths are revolting towards homosexuals. And there have been sheikhs who have spoken callously about homosexuals.

As I said in my other post, the people usually have nothing to do with the religion. I am aiming Islam, not Muslims. But there are absent-minded, pompous hypocrites who fail to see the point that I'm making.

Can there be a growing gay community in Palestine, Jordan, Egypt or even Iran? You know the answer is no. That's because Islam dominates there. I commend you for being supportive of gays, and I will always respect you as the person that you are.
Jordan yes. Egypt yes. Hadiths are not set in stone, they are written by people who lived after the prophet and the arrival of Islam so are always debated. Many Hadiths contradict each other. That's why we always take Hadiths with caution and go by the quran. I respect all people including you but I'm trying to see where your problems with Islam are. The Quran only mentions gays when it mentions the story of Sodom and gomorrah. It doesn't outright ban them but it doesn't accept them either, most scholars interpret the story of sodom and gomorrah as a ban on gays as they were being punished for there homosexuality, but some muslims interpret otherwise. It's a debatable subject. So my point is Hadiths do not matter like the quran. Hadiths are filled with mistakes. I appreciate your support though and I have never had a problem with you.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
This argument began with floridanative and his original post.

Tensions run quite high during times like this, so I will apologise now for being rude. To this day I don't think I've ever had a disagreement with you and I don't fancy falling out over something silly.
Apology accepted. It's just that people shouldn't take words of the others as fact. Who knows, maybe floridanative isn't who he really is. Maybe he is. Dunno, I just found him a bit fishy. But hey, it's the internet.

Quote:
Jordan yes. Egypt yes. Hadiths are not set in stone, they are written by people who lived after the prophet and the arrival of Islam so are always debated. Many Hadiths contradict each other. That's why we always take Hadiths with caution and go by the quran. I respect all people including you but I'm trying to see where your problems with Islam are. The Quran only mentions gays when it mentions the story of Sodom and gomorrah. It doesn't outright ban them but it doesn't accept them either. It's a debatable subject. So my point is Hadiths do not matter like the quran. Hadiths are filled with mistakes. I appreciate your support though and I have never had a problem with you.
It's good that hadiths aren't taken seriously. I just wish that more and more Muslims would ditch the Hadiths, tbh. At least, that's a start. I know that the Quran isn't that unforgiving towards gays as the Torah is. But Muslim extremists do condone it somehow, just the same way Christian extremists have used the Torah when it comes to their atrocities (so unlike what Jesus preached).

But I still have to respectfully disagree with you and the Islamic ideology. Whilst not that homophobic, the Quran still does have a lot of malevolent content and ideas. I do not see Muhammad as a good role model. Terrorists have been inspired by him and his ideas (I know, I know, Muhammad has also said some good stuff, but still). I just would hope that more Muslims would ditch the religion too, really. And that's my opinion. Of course, I wouldn't force a Muslim or unfriend them if they still practice their religion. But if they want to know my opinion, I would tell them my thoughts.

Mind you, and as cliche as this sounds, my best friend is an Afghani Muslim. He's very moderate and he understands and acknowledges that there are aspects of his religion that aren't so nice.

Anyway, about gays in Egypt, I'm pretty sure that they can get arrested or socially banished if they get caught? I heard such incidents where gays have been arrested or beaten up the police in Egypt. Btw, I think Lebanon is the most gay friendliest in the Middle East. The Lebanese talk show Ahmar, hosted by a Muslim Malek Maktabi, has featured gay guys and trans.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:37 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
LOL love this. Best part would be the piney area and that most northern section due to less people. New Jersey is too overpopulated for its size imo. Unfortunately it's emptying all those people here . New Jersey is my absolute least favorite state.

Actually it is emptying a lot of people to Florida. But NJ is way overpopulated in the northern half of the state. The southern half would shock you cause it is nothing like the stereotype. Vast, really rural areas in the South.

As a proud American you shouldn't dislike any state, right? Not like me of course, I'd actually prefer to see the US broken up into smaller nations, with my region firmly apart from your region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather