Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 11:07 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,414,650 times

Advertisements

Theresa May is awful.

She was a terrible Home Secretary, failed at all of her immigration targets, took an unnecessarily hard stance on drugs - under the Tories marijuana has been put up to class B for some weird reason? Despite the fact that you can get caught in possession with it multiple times without anybody giving a sh*t.

She was part of a government that has put on this stupid sugar tax too.

I am very much in the centre when it comes to politics. Blair was great, shame he f**ked up by going to Iraq and licking Bush's balls, because otherwise he could've stayed on..

Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I just saw on the news that there is a shortage of certain vegetables in the UK due to the cold weather in Italy & Spain. Apparently during the winter the Murcia region produces 80% of Europe's fresh produce & heavy rainfall has made only 30% of the fields useable, they also said that Iceberg lettuces are being rationed in supermarkets as whole fields full were destroyed by snow in Murcia a few weeks back...
Why is there a vegetable shortage? - BBC News
Same thing here. I think I'll have to stock up on iceberg lettuce.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:21 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
I like Theresa May. Hopefully she develops a good rapport with Trump.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:27 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,981,511 times
+1. Great woman.. She can say NO when David Cameron cannot.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,509,451 times
I like Theresa May until she says that "Islam is a peaceful and loving religion".

There are NO peaceful and loving religions.

They are control systems invented by ancient elites. No denying the fact. Christianity is not a religion of peace and neither is Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism or Whatever-insert-name-here-ism. Any religion wages war on people's mind, forcing non-believers into hiding whether mentally or physically.

It's just meaningless pandering to a vote she'll never get regardless. The less a leader mentions religion in positive terms, the better. States shouldn't just be secular, states should enforce state atheism and ban religious studies for children.

Legal at home, not acceptable in any state function though.

Last edited by lommaren; 02-03-2017 at 12:01 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 11:49 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,604,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Theresa May is awful.

She was a terrible Home Secretary, failed at all of her immigration targets, took an unnecessarily hard stance on drugs - under the Tories marijuana has been put up to class B for some weird reason? Despite the fact that you can get caught in possession with it multiple times without anybody giving a sh*t.

She was part of a government that has put on this stupid sugar tax too.

I am very much in the centre when it comes to politics. Blair was great, shame he f**ked up by going to Iraq and licking Bush's balls, because otherwise he could've stayed on..
Re drugs - New Scientist has rightly ridiculed the UK government for a bill (passed yet or abandoned? - not sure) on "psychoactive substances" that would logically have tea, coffee and everything else banned if actually applied.

May is appalling. Might be a suitable match for Trump.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'm pretty sick of politics in general. 2016 and now 2017 are turning out to be really tiring and annoying for never-ending political drama. I wish I could turn the clock back to 2005 or something. The Iraq war was pretty big news of course but nothing as divisive a Brexit/Trump, and here in the UK we had political and economic stability. Pretty good days.
nothing's as divisive as Trump but I remember the Iraq War and later Bush years being rather bad. Interesting to look back and compare. Economically, better but not great. Mid and late 90s were the political and economic stable years. Doubt it can go back to that in either sense.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:26 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Municipial elections this spring. Politics. Can't wait. Provincial and presidental elections next year

Old 02-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Re drugs - New Scientist has rightly ridiculed the UK government for a bill (passed yet or abandoned? - not sure) on "psychoactive substances" that would logically have tea, coffee and everything else banned if actually applied.

May is appalling. Might be a suitable match for Trump.
Yep, that bill was passed! Pretty ridiculous really...

She's the type of dinosaur that thinks taking a hard stance on drugs will make the problem go away.. sorry to let you know Theresa, but drug use is rising and a hard stance will never work, the black market will always find a way.

It kinda makes me sad to look at countries like Portugal, Holland and even the US where a less harsh stance on softer drugs has been effective

Old 02-03-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
+1. Great woman.. She can say NO when David Cameron cannot.
Oh really? She is clueless.

What else is she good at then? For someone who supposedly backed staying in the EU, it's funny that all of a sudden she now wants us to take a hard route out of Europe..

She's spineless and no good.

Then again, I didn't expect anything less from a pre pubescent boy such as yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather