Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
This is place is full of weirdos. Which is frustrating, as when I tried to troll by acting like a mentally deranged person, nobody thought I was out of place

Why do Chicagoans look down on people from the suburbs?

For those leaving Seattle or who have left recently? Why did you leave and do you have regrets?
Lol, nice ones there. The Seattle one was an obvious joke post lol@being treated seriously; the Chicago posts at first sounded like some guy who really Chicago and big cities. Local forums get bashers. And your posts were too carefully written to sound like a dumb troll. Got a bunch of responses who seemed really insecure about Chicago or had something to prove by showing they lived in the city. Amused at your use of "social constructs"...

Do you actually know much of anything about Chicago? What made you choose the Chicago forum?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:09 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,927,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Lol, nice ones there. The Seattle one was an obvious joke post lol@being treated seriously; the Chicago posts at first sounded like some guy who really Chicago and big cities. Local forums get bashers. And your posts were too carefully written to sound like a dumb troll. Got a bunch of responses who seemed really insecure about Chicago or had something to prove by showing they lived in the city. Amused at your use of "social constructs"...

Do you actually know much of anything about Chicago? What made you choose the Chicago forum?
I didn't specifically intend to pick on Chicago, it was one of those active threads that comes up on the side. The city slickers who were posting were acting all high and mighty, being dismissive of anyone who didn't live in a major city. So I decided to troll them

I have nothing against Chicago, it looks like a great place and definitely one of the most iconic cities in America. But I am aware that it has widely publicised problems with violent crime and demographic decline. I knew that mentioning them was the easiest way to touch some nerves.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Lol, I've just noticed that George was also posting in that thread and didn't call me out. Either he didn't notice me, or didn't want to blow my cover

Old 07-05-2017, 09:52 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
I have a feeling it is really easy to troll Londoners. You don't even have to try, just say something slightly negative about London and watch everyone flip their tea and biscuits

Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 PM

New Yorkers seem just as bad. Some of the London vs New York debates I've seen on here have been unbelievably childish and mean-spirited.

A though the Spanish are obviously the easiest people to wind up on here. Exhibit A: http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...r-1971901.html

Old 07-05-2017, 10:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,621,967 times
^^ lol, I was just following the river flow and joking, a very few times I was "winded up" lol, some people can think that i'm upset or something because I wrote long posts. When in reality I was really trolling / trying to upset up the other one...

Btw, my "argues" in the 90% of times were with the same user. Btw I was, I didn't have any other argument since a lot of time ago... seems that people considers that i'm upset so not worth doing it.
Thanks to God in the other thread, the discussion with Torshavn (the Bilbao one) people fastly knew that we were joking, although the memes and the Yung Lean videos helped up a lot to clearify things... PMSL

I don't get nothing personal. I argued with you and some hours after I sended you a mp asking to be "online friends". Isn't it true?

It's true that some Londoners, as well as some British users (but not from the weather forum btw) and some other people from other nations (I've noticed this is Frenchmans too) really get personal when you talk something negative about their countries, and they really became upset. And you're the next in their hate list, I mean, they will always reply bad at you in a thread or will keep resentment on you.

This is not my case, and you know it better than anyone else lmao. I even sended a mp to my "legendary cd enemy" asking to be city-data "friends" and I didn't get a reply. Idk who winds up more.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Not gonna lie, sometimes the egos of New Yorkers can be as high as our tallest skyscrapers

Old 07-05-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
It's true that some Londoners, as well as some British users (but not from the weather forum btw) and some other people from other nations (I've noticed this is Frenchmans too) really get personal when you talk something negative about their countries. And you're the next in their hate list, I mean, they will always reply bad at you in a thread or will keep resentment on you. This is not my case, and you know it better than anyone lmao.
French people on here seem to be pretty modest imo. Maybe not in real life but on here yes. But if I lived in a country with an amazing cuisine and stunning architecture everywhere and just neverending beauty, i would be cocky too

Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,621,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
But if I lived in a country with an amazing cuisine and stunning architecture everywhere and just neverending beauty, i would be cocky too
Now you understand why i'm cocky about Spain. Btw funny that Razza said me Spanish as he already know where I was born ... but btw nevermind. I feel more Spanish tho.

Btw, there is one French user acting like that. Well, there were 2 but one of them disappeared from many months ago, it was an older user. This one which i'm mentioning starts with a and ends in W.

yes, the guy who says that France is the 1st global world power, that is richer than any other nation and that France can buy 50 times Germany. Literally he said it and he wasn't trolling, he really believes it!

Old 07-05-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Now you understand why i'm cocky about Spain. Btw funny that Razza said me Spanish as he already know where I was born ... but btw nevermind. I feel more Spanish tho.

Btw, there is one French user acting like that. Well, there were 2 but one of them disappeared from many months ago, it was an older user. This one which i'm mentioning starts with a and ends in W.

yes, the guy who says that France is the 1st global world power, that is richer than any other nation and that France can buy 50 times Germany. Literally he said it and he wasn't trolling, he really believes it!
That's an exaggeration obviously, but it's clear that France is easily the third most powerful European country, only behind Germany and Russia. France also has some of the best architecture in the world imo (tied with Italy imo) and one of the finest cuisines in Europe. There are not a whole lot of things that France does wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather