Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I'm highly critical of the establishment none of them are for ''us'' I probably more align with left-wing but I wouldn't describe myself as that. My views go beyond left/right if we had a proper conversation irl you'll know.

Also why should White people care if there communities are less homogeneous? Why wouldn't a Black man care? (I don't but still the assumption)

Yeah, why is Australia and NZ so under-populated? It could easily have a Population of at least 60 Million (Aus) 30 (NZ)
Simple fact is, 80% of Australia is desert, and unlike other populated desert locations around the world, like the US Southwest, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, etc, there is no snowmelt, nor substantial rivers passing through, so nothing to sustain population outside of the coastal areas. I flew from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi back in late 2015, and the track took us over Adelaide, South Australia, Western Australia, finally reaching the coast at Port Hedland. It literally looked like the surface of Mars for a good 3 hours. Good chance a lot of this land was likely never even set foot upon or even seen by humans on the ground. There are literally hundreds of km between dirt tracks at some points, if anyone ever got lost out there, there is no hope. None whatsoever. And being a subtropical desert, the sun and heat are unrelenting. Can't even imagine how hot it gets out there. Truly stunning experience.

Last edited by BeerParty; 07-07-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-07-2017, 10:13 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Ja, nej, kanske. Det är ett mysterium även för mig

Okay but, seriously, I think I will show my location sooner or later, when I'll feel more comfortable. Right now I don't want people to know exactly where I am. There are some people here who wrote their location in a city with less than 10,000 inhabitants. Crazy
You could at least say what country, though if you put a city I very much doubt anyone would be able to find out exactly where you live.. Not that I can think of a reason why anyone would try to find that out anyway... The only person on here whose exact location was found out, was because they lied about what weather/temperatures they got constantly & they kept posting photos of a distant "mountain" (hill) from their bedroom window

Old 07-07-2017, 10:15 AM

699 posts, read 368,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Simple fact is, 80% of Australia is desert, and unlike other populated desert locations around the world, like the US Southwest, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, etc, there is no snowmelt, nor substantial rivers passing through, so nothing to sustain population outside of the coastal areas. I flew from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi back in late 2015, and the track took us over Adelaide, South Australia, Western Australia, finally reaching the coast at Port Hedland. It literally looked like the surface of Mars for a good 3 hours. Good chance a lot of this land was likely never even set foot upon or even seen by humans on the ground. Truly stunning experience.
I thought so but what about the coasts? Is it ''full up'' or is there more space to build more homes or more dense?

Its just strange how Australia and NZ have such small populations.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:21 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
Simple fact is, 80% of Australia is desert, and unlike other populated desert locations around the world, like the US Southwest, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, etc, there is no snowmelt, nor substantial rivers passing through, so nothing to sustain population outside of the coastal areas. I flew from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi back in late 2015, and the track took us over Adelaide, South Australia, Western Australia, finally reaching the coast at Port Hedland. It literally looked like the surface of Mars for a good 3 hours. Good chance a lot of this land was likely never even set foot upon or even seen by humans on the ground. There are literally hundreds of km between dirt tracks at some points, if anyone ever got lost out there, there is no hope. None whatsoever. And being a subtropical desert, the sun and heat are unrelenting. Can't even imagine how hot it gets out there. Truly stunning experience.
I hear you!

Flying from Cairns to Sydney I had the same thing, away from the coast looked like Mars, and then a week later flying from Sydney back to Bangkok the route over Australia looked barren and like it had never been set upon.. pretty amazing! Just red and dusty under blazing sun.. it's kind of a shame there are no good rivers or something that would make a living population sustainable because I bet there's epic heat there

Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
forget how big cities many developing world cities are. New York is really 16-20 million people if you're counting the entire metro / urban area.
Even bigger I believe. But I think the way they count the metro area for NYC is a bit generous, they include tiny towns as far west as the PA border and also the boonie parts of Westchester. In reality the urbanized area of NYC should only be the city, parts of North Jersey, and the denser places like White Plains/Terrytown. Lima has very little suburban areas even by Latin American standards, it is the second largest city in South America but only the 4th largest metro area
Quote:
The NYC Metro area has the same population as the entire country of Australia.

Then you have places like Tokyo, which apparently has 37 million in its metro area

Makes you think, doesn't it?
I could never live in Australia. The climate is heavenly but its just too sparsely populated. New Zealand is even worse, sparsely populated and in the middle of nowhere

Old 07-07-2017, 10:34 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post

I could never live in Australia. The climate is heavenly but its just too sparsely populated. New Zealand is even worse, sparsely populated and in the middle of nowhere
Melbourne and Sydney are still large cities; why does it matter if most of the interior is unpopulated?

Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
in NYC today

https://twitter.com/katerbland/statu...36997875716096

Old 07-07-2017, 10:37 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Melbourne and Sydney are still large cities; why does it matter if most of the interior is unpopulated?
Exactly, from the things he's written in here, you'd think he'd never even leave a major city if he had the choice.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:38 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
my point was saying politicians will lower [ethnic?] homogeneity are rarely seen as negative by ethnic minorities. You look at Islam as the most important issue; many other don't.

As for halal, there's a foodtruck here selling: "New York-style Halal food". "Real Middleastern food" is halal and comes from NYC.
That's cause there's mad halal trucks everywhere in NYC and they're mad good. You cant visit NYC without getting halal. Ask for lamb or chicken over rice and extra white sauce, your taste buds will thank you for it

Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Quote:
I'd say all of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland would be good enough for him if he gave it a try
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather