Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 05:09 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,503,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I would be embarrassed to be Swedish too I don't blame everblack.
I thought you loved leftism?

Old 07-07-2017, 05:22 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,678,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
You're Swedish? Might as well admit it already if you don't have a very good explanation of why you'd write random stuff in Swedish out of nowhere?
Ja, nej, kanske. Det är ett mysterium även för mig

Okay but, seriously, I think I will show my location sooner or later, when I'll feel more comfortable. Right now I don't want people to know exactly where I am. There are some people here who wrote their location in a city with less than 10,000 inhabitants. Crazy

Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,618,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post

Okay but, seriously, I think I will show my location sooner or later, when I'll feel more comfortable. Right now I don't want people to know exactly where I am. There are some people here who wrote their location in a city with less than 10,000 inhabitants. Crazy
What's the problem? Everyone likes you here lol.

I even posted a couple of times a pic of the old town of Altea where my house could be seen... IDGAF!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

I even posted a couple of times a pic of the old town of Altea where my house could be seen... IDGAF!
Not much of a problem, but I want to be "international" also when people say "your climate" I don't want to be associated with anything.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:39 AM

699 posts, read 368,645 times
Quote:
I thought you loved leftism?
No, no, no...

I'm anti-establishment I don't like neither right wing politics or left wing politics.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post

It's not like you write controversial stuff like I do

I'm rather comfy no one will be able to find me in Nyköping (35 k people) but having said that merely stating the region of the country is way enough if you live in a rural place with less than 10 k people if that's the issue

One thing's for sure: the more public people are the funnier it gets. If I ever drove past Altea I'd go and meet up with El Junter in a heartbeat The only reason I'm not public with my full name, face and all that stuff is because Sweden is an authoritarian country these days.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
No, no, no...

I'm anti-establishment I don't like neither right wing politics or left wing politics.
The sad part of that is that Corbyn is doing the left-wing part of the establishments work of ripping the homogenous communities for them, even though he's a bit too open and brazen for the Blairites The left thrives on divide and conquer, which forces the majorites into defensive modes. Then the Tories are just controlled opposition socially, while the neo-liberal vanguard economically. I despise the left way more though because they're the virus that infected the political body from the beginning.

It's a sick joke.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
It's not like you write controversial stuff like I do

I'm rather comfy no one will be able to find me in Nyköping (35 k people) but having said that merely stating the region of the country is way enough if you live in a rural place with less than 10 k people if that's the issue

One thing's for sure: the more public people are the funnier it gets. If I ever drove past Altea I'd go and meet up with El Junter in a heartbeat The only reason I'm not public with my full name, face and all that stuff is because Sweden is an authoritarian country these days.
I don't want to show my location for climatic reasons. I don't like the climate I live in, and also when people tell me "your climate" I would get really embarassed and don't want to be associated with any climate in particular. I sometimes did write my location but I was on holidays and wasn't my home.

Also, I don't think it's important. Nothing improves if you know which country I'm from this way I can shy away from political and social conversations.

As an example, I'll say I'm from the United States. Someone could say:"Eh, the United States has capital punishment, the highest incarceration rate in the world, it spies its citizens, it's a horrible country!!!", and sees that I'm from United States. It would be embarassing.

Another example, I'm from Russia. Someone could say:"Uh, Russia is a dictatorship country, homosexuals have no freedom and they're so racists!!!". It would be embarassing as well.

I'm not comfortable showing my location (at least, not now). But, who knows what the future will bring

Old 07-07-2017, 05:55 AM

The majority of people on here American, if someone dislikes "Americans" on here they're genuinely at the worst place imaginable

Of course people can separate people and governments especially if the people in question are known as against the government. I don't blame atsizat (agnostic and anti-Erdogan) for Turkey being an islamic hellhole

Old 07-07-2017, 06:05 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

I've never posted my exact suburb but everyone pretty much knows I live closer to the airport than the city centre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.