Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,958,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMatrix View Post
This is exactly the climate fail the OP was talking about: heat and humidity, but without the rain. Laredo should be having a climate like Tampa's, given the amount of humidity it receives.
If you thought Laredo was bad, check out Dubai. Dewpoints frequently exceed 80F, while the real temps (before factoring in humidity) are on par with Phoenix. Of course, being in the desert, they hardly get any rain, especially not during the summer.

Right now in Dubai it is 6:02 am. 91 degrees with a dewpoint of 85! (Although apparently, there is quite a strong breeze, so the apparent heat is only 96).
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 01:36 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,213,325 times
I don’t know what you are talking about, Dallas’ climate beats Indianapolis’s climate by a landslide.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
I personally glad that the climate drives people off. With all the in-migration, they'rd be no room left if it was pleasant.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:14 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,458,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
If you thought Laredo was bad, check out Dubai. Dewpoints frequently exceed 80F, while the real temps (before factoring in humidity) are on par with Phoenix. Of course, being in the desert, they hardly get any rain, especially not during the summer.

Right now in Dubai it is 6:02 am. 91 degrees with a dewpoint of 85! (Although apparently, there is quite a strong breeze, so the apparent heat is only 96).
Here is something a little more disgusting...

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/SAXX0148:1:SA

Old 06-23-2018, 04:40 PM

650 posts, read 449,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Here is something a little more disgusting...

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/SAXX0148:1:SA
That low temperature is horrible. Although the dewpoints here have been around 75F to 81F/24C to 27C(The upper range was at 100 percent realitive humidity and very cloudy so it wasn't very hot, just extremely humid.) and it has been pretty bad. It culminated at 95F/35C and a dewpoint of 76F, making the heat index 109F/43C. Yeah I can't wait until this humidity lowers a bit. Take this back to Galveston please!

Old 06-23-2018, 05:50 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,268,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
That low temperature is horrible. Although the dewpoints here have been around 75F to 81F/24C to 27C(The upper range was at 100 percent realitive humidity and very cloudy so it wasn't very hot, just extremely humid.) and it has been pretty bad. It culminated at 95F/35C and a dewpoint of 76F, making the heat index 109F/43C. Yeah I can't wait until this humidity lowers a bit. Take this back to Galveston please!
Forget about heat indexes to bring temp actually feel like 109F

Texas west of the Pecos was baking today....

Presidio topped out at 113F

Old 06-23-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
Where are you talking about? I thought the Gulf Coast gets significantly muggier, with dew points exceeding 80 and it being 97 degrees.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I don’t know what you are talking about, Dallas’ climate beats Indianapolis’s climate by a landslide.
Amen! I'll take the mugginess over shoveling snow any time.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
I think the northern panhandle has a great climate. I love the dry, variable winters with a decent amount of snow, the stormy variable springs, the hot summers with dry heat, and nice dry sunny falls. I find it still too warm and slightly too wet, but it is a very good climate. Places like Lubbock or midland or El Paso still have good, not great, but good climates that I would easily live in. Not to forget the scenery. The rest of the state is awful with hot, humid summers and warm winters and tons of rain and humidity with little snow. I've traveled through Texas in the summer and found 100 in midland not so bad but 100 in Austin and Houston was hell. Houston, and the gulf coast, have some of the country's worst climates for me. Pretty much only the west coast and Florida is worse. Brownsville is drier, and therefore slightly better, but still awful. And the scenery is painfully boring with forest for miles on end. The western part has places like big bens or Guadalupe which have great scenery, as does the panhandle. While I like parts of the state, much of it is abysmal.
Endless forests make bad scenery? Have you heard about the Great Plains where there are endless barren praries instead? Now is that better scenery?

Old 06-23-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
A. You already said that once.
B. Not staying in Phoenix much longer
C. Dallas is not that great, I've been there. Was just there 4 weeks ago recently. Kind of depressing.
D. At least Phoenix isn't in Texas
E. You couldn't pay me to live in any city outside of California, Las Vegas, Phoenix, or New York City (the one and only place I would live that gets cold, because it is the greatest city in the world)
F. How many times do I have to say I am moving to California until you stop?

And finally, Phoenix is bigger than Dallas, as well as overall more dense, Dallas is VERY spread out, even compared to Phoenix
Take a look at Phoenix light rail map. Now look at Dallas light rail map. Dallas clearly wins for public transportation.

And yes, I could most certainly pay you to relocate to Texas. People are not as incorruptible as they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather