Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 09:18 PM

3,140 posts, read 2,262,338 times

Advertisements

What I dislike the most about our weather is that in the winter months all those snowbirds come here to paradise to escape their own weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
What I dislike the most about our weather is that in the winter months all those snowbirds come here to paradise to escape their own weather.
Pretty sure local business enjoys 'em.

My area in climate is all.four seasons...So. While it sounds nice to experience....Fall and winter are less favored...Chilly nights..Turning into frigid ,icy,grey,gloomy...
Even the animals move away from here!

Old 08-12-2017, 09:36 PM

33 posts, read 26,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
What I hate about my climate

Lack of Thunderstorms
Rainless Summers
Marine Layer Stratus Clouds
Weak Crummers
Cold SST Anomalies
What is a "crummer?" And what is a "SST"
Thank you for posting about Orcutt, CA. I was thinking about moving there myself and I appreciated what you wrote.

I'm from up North, the East Bay Area of Calif and I can't STAND THE WIND here in Walnut Creek, Calif. Typically wind gusts are at 26 MPH and it makes it hard to live here. Also, the summers here in Walnut Creek, Calif. the last three (3) years have been unbearably hot. High temps began in May 2017. By June and July of 2017 we broke many heat records with many, many triple digit temps. Maybe we will get a break in August.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 PM

33 posts, read 26,422 times
To everyone posting on this subject, PLEASE list the name of your town or country. As I am reading these posts, many people fail to list this important fact and I lose what you are trying to say. Occasionally I can see your town in the header, but not always. Thanks for providing this full information. And thanks for all your posts as well. Much appreciated!

Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Just sayin
Attached Thumbnails
What do you dislike the most about your climate?-20767704_1465364710219384_4557637819950527635_n.jpg  

Old 08-12-2017, 10:25 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,461,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Seeking View Post
Thank you for posting about Orcutt, CA. I was thinking about moving there myself and I appreciated what you wrote.
crummer = cool and cloudy summer devoid of heat and storms

SST = sea surface temperature

Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvan View Post
I think places in the interior like Nelson or Cranbrook would be good for me.

And yeah...SW BC is the best you can get in Canada for year round warmth which is pretty bad assuming you like tropical climates.
If you like very snowy winters and warm summers, what do you think of this climate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_S...hy_.26_climate

Old 08-13-2017, 01:27 AM

769 posts, read 480,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
If you like very snowy winters and warm summers, what do you think of this climate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_S...hy_.26_climate
Very solid climate. I'd give it an A-.

Fall, winter and spring are great! Summers are too cool/wet though. My ideal climate would have less than 50mm of rain fall in each month from May-September with average highs around 27-28C and lows around 11-12C. The closest I can get to that is probably someplace in either Montana or SE BC.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,542,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvan View Post
Very solid climate. I'd give it an A-.

Fall, winter and spring are great! Summers are too cool/wet though. My ideal climate would have less than 50mm of rain fall in each month from May-September with average highs around 27-28C and lows around 11-12C. The closest I can get to that is probably someplace in either Montana or SE BC.
What about Medicine Hat?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:16 AM

1,363 posts, read 792,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Seeking View Post

I'm from up North, the East Bay Area of Calif and I can't STAND THE WIND here in Walnut Creek, Calif. Typically wind gusts are at 26 MPH and it makes it hard to live here. Also, the summers here in Walnut Creek, Calif. the last three (3) years have been unbearably hot. High temps began in May 2017. By June and July of 2017 we broke many heat records with many, many triple digit temps. Maybe we will get a break in August.
Crummer: A summer that is unreliable, full of cool overcast stratocrapulus days, seabreezes, cold fronts, devoid of storms, or storms die right in the ass just as they appear. Other distinguishing features of crummers include average overnight lows that are record lows at other places at the same latitude. Examples include Melbourne, Tasmania, the British Isles, Northern Europe, coastal Pacific Northwest and the far southern cone of Argentina/Chile.

SST is an abbreviation for Sea Surface Temperature.

Source: The International Beerparty Encyclopedia of Weather and Climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather