Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:02 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,997 times

Advertisements

maybe melbourne's statistics take into account days with high cirrus type cloud and Seattle's doesn't? Could be different criteria between the two authorities as to what constitutes a "cloudy day".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
BoTev loves Seattle

If you really want to know about it - go to the Seattle board on City Data...

there are many views about Seattle there...it's not all roses, but honest people with honest answers to your question - hope it helps
I love Seattle too, however I know that is almost a crime to admit that on the Seattle board...

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I love Seattle too, however I know that is almost a crime to admit that on the Seattle board...
It's actually kind of refreshing to see people who love the state they're in. My state is awesome EXCEPT for our weather. We have months of winter and now we're not even having springtime. IMHO, we could be included with the states who are worst in the country and I'm a native of my state.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:55 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
summer REALLY is here, the heat index reached 100 today here,

to ColdCanadian, my fingers don't turn purple until it's below 15F.
The heat index sounds just high enough to feel like summer. (nice)

Lucky...
Even as a boy, 30 F could sting my fingers badly without gloves after 10 minutes.
For me to be gauranteed no finger pain from cold, it has to always be above 55 F.

Because of this, most summer months we get a few potentially painfull cold mornings...
Sometimes summer evenings too.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:53 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,960,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
The heat index sounds just high enough to feel like summer. (nice)

Lucky...
Even as a boy, 30 F could sting my fingers badly without gloves after 10 minutes.
For me to be gauranteed no finger pain from cold, it has to always be above 55 F.

Because of this, most summer months we get a few potentially painfull cold mornings...
Sometimes summer evenings too.
not only that, the heat index was 104 this afternoon!!!!

the only way 30F would sting my fingers is if it was really windy outside or for some reason my fingers where wet and i went outside and forgot to dry them.....lol, it happened to me this January, and it was the COLDEST day of the year also, i went outside to play football with my freinds, and had just finished washing my hands, and it was 26F with a windchill around 15F(keep in mind this is around 3pm, so that was the warmest part of the day!!!) and forgot to dry them and it was a pretty big mistake!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:18 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
not only that, the heat index was 104 this afternoon!!!!

the only way 30F would sting my fingers is if it was really windy outside or for some reason my fingers where wet and i went outside and forgot to dry them.....lol, it happened to me this January, and it was the COLDEST day of the year also, i went outside to play football with my freinds, and had just finished washing my hands, and it was 26F with a windchill around 15F(keep in mind this is around 3pm, so that was the warmest part of the day!!!) and forgot to dry them and it was a pretty big mistake!!!!
Sorry to hear about your personal hardship.

Funny story.
I fear not drying my hands when it's less than 60 F.

Have you ever tried to hit a baseball when your hands were cold?

I tried when I was 8 yrs old. It was 38 F (3 C) outside in March, my friend and I were trying to get ready for the baseball season in May. Friend lobs a baseball at me, I swing and as I make contact it feels like I just shattered all the bones in my hands. I throw one to him and he gets the same effect. So we give up and come back inside to play Nintendo.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:38 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,960,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Sorry to hear about your personal hardship.

Funny story.
I fear not drying my hands when it's less than 60 F.

Have you ever tried to hit a baseball when your hands were cold?

I tried when I was 8 yrs old. It was 38 F (3 C) outside in March, my friend and I were trying to get ready for the baseball season in May. Friend lobs a baseball at me, I swing and as I make contact it feels like I just shattered all the bones in my hands. I throw one to him and he gets the same effect. So we give up and come back inside to play Nintendo.
oh yeah, that happened to me last baseball season; it was a very cold, windy day in late february and i went up to bat without batting gloves, i got a single and when i reached first i was in pretty sharp pain.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,244,975 times
I think we're one of the few places in the US contending with a well above average May weather pattern. It's been a warm May here to say the least

Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Well SA, your fan pointing in my direction isn't helping right now. I think we hit 61 degrees today. I doubt if it even hit 50 out in the Hills. AND springtime is obviously not up here yet cause they are predicting a frost warning for northern SD tonight and the Hills area is supposed to get SNOW!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Jammie1955/smileyshovelingsnow.gif (broken link)

Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Well SA, your fan pointing in my direction isn't helping right now. I think we hit 61 degrees today. I doubt if it even hit 50 out in the Hills. AND springtime is obviously not up here yet cause they are predicting a frost warning for northern SD tonight and the Hills area is supposed to get SNOW!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Jammie1955/smileyshovelingsnow.gif (broken link)
Oh my. Ill shed tears for you tonight. lol

Its friggin cold here, too. In the low 50s, but no snow. Id freak out if we got snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather