Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,264,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
They do eat insects...you might as well look on the bright side...
I'd rather deal with the insects, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I think in some of the milder parts of British Columbia they have a lizard or two.
Well, I won't be relocating to British Columbia soon either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
As long as it's not a polar bear...
At least a polar bear couldn't hide from you!!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times
LOL kaykay, are you having trouble from those things already this year? I remember your aversion of them from a post last year....

Thankfully, we don't have those things around here, if we do they stay well hidden!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Kaykay, I know how you hate them and I'm sorry it's in your house. I'd have the same fear if a hisser was in my house. No, actually, I'd be living outside if one was in here.

You have two options~you can borrow one of my kitties, but we've taught them not to kill so they won't help you much. OR you can trade places with me cause I like geckos. I'll let you choose.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,493,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!! I went in my bedroom tonight and there was a HUGE gecko!!! (lizard that lives in warm climates in the summer) I caught him with a glass and he alluded me and ran under the bed! So now he's loose somewhere in the house....

ILNC, I think I need to borrow your cat, Maggie for a few days!!!!!!!!!

When will Winter return???????????
do gecko's eat bugs? like gnats & skeeters??? I need one, if they do.......

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
That's funny, Debey! Now Kaykay has two outlets for her geckos and she doesn't even have to drive far once she gets up here since we don't live far apart.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,018,870 times
To all you who hate summer, move to England for God's sake. It is extremely cold here all the time in summer, if not totally overcast. Temperatures might hit 80 degrees once a month, in the south.

That said nothing about our coldness is stopping flying ants and infestations hoarding inside my toilet-room.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
LOL kaykay, are you having trouble from those things already this year? I remember your aversion of them from a post last year....
These days, we have the little rascals from about March through October.
Thankfully, we don't have those things around here, if we do they stay well hidden!
We have them from about March-October, but they are especially prevalent in the summer months, the warmer it is. When it begins to turn cool, they go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Kaykay, I know how you hate them and I'm sorry it's in your house. I'd have the same fear if a hisser was in my house. No, actually, I'd be living outside if one was in here.

You have two options~you can borrow one of my kitties, but we've taught them not to kill so they won't help you much. OR you can trade places with me cause I like geckos. I'll let you choose.
I'm thinking....I'm thinking....not sure I could get the husband on board with either option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Yes, they eat bugs, but I'd rather deal with the bugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
To all you who hate summer, move to England It is extremely cold here all the time in summer, if not totally overcast.
It's a thought, but again, if my husband won't even move to the northern United States, I doubt I could get him out of the country!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!! I went in my bedroom tonight and there was a HUGE gecko!!! (lizard that lives in warm climates in the summer) I caught him with a glass and he alluded me and ran under the bed! So now he's loose somewhere in the house....

ILNC, I think I need to borrow your cat, Maggie for a few days!!!!!!!!!

When will Winter return???????????
Maggie would have such fun with that gecko! I HATE summer too, but not for this reason, I just HATE the wretched steamy humidity

Old 06-03-2009, 04:00 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,462,023 times
On the bright side you may be able to save some money on your car insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather