Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 51,881 times

Advertisements

Im trying to move from Boston,Mass to Boynton Beach. If anyone knows if it is safe please let me know.... Thankssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,217 times
Some sections are safe, some are dangerous, and others are mediocre. Give me a specific address or section and I can tell you if it's safe or not.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:26 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,639 times
no place in south florida is entirely safe....especially boynton. the parts that stradle 95 are hood.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:09 PM

51 posts, read 356,005 times
Nope.jus Stay Out West.its Dangerous Out Here And I Stay In The Middle Of It.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:03 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,049,369 times
BOY N TOWN knows what he is talking about. STAY AWAY FROM BOYTON BEACH. I don't mean to be rude..but we get so many people coming here asking the same question every month or so. SEARCH ! The comments on Boynton Beach are repulsive for good reason....it is in my opinion a repulsive gang-infested city.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM

7 posts, read 75,542 times
Default Goes both ways...

Boynton is pretty up and coming in certain areas. West Boynton (past the Turnpike) is growing like crazy, as is East Boynton (East of 95). There are a lot of big neighborhoods in highly lit areas off major roads (Boynton Beach Blvd, Congress, etc). Look by the mall maybe? I'm also thinking Gateway Blvd. However, like all areas of SoFla and anywhere really, there are some not so nice areas, but not really in Boynton. Delray is probably not as safe in some areas (I grew up there). Hope this helps... good luck!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:23 PM

51 posts, read 356,005 times
Neighborhoods east of boynton beach blvd, and gateway, and some of woolbright are pretty rough.but please, im begging you please, stay from around "cherry hill."when you exit east off of boynton beach blvd.and make a right on seacreast.thats what im talking about.and you ride down and take a right on mlk(my street) which turns into 10th is very notorious.i swear to my grandma grave it is.jus ride down on seacreast at night or even the day, just dont turn on no streets and cops be everywhere.me myself have ben pulled over twice.me myself have seen people get arrested.on monday or tuesday morning, someone got ahot with a shotgun and luckly lived.he jumped in his car and lost control then crashed into somebodies house. Almost 10 to 12 homocides so far it seems.im gonna upload some pics of my hood "cherry hill" sometime by this month.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM

7 posts, read 88,084 times
I lived in Boynton (gateway and congress) from 2005-2007.....I couldn't wait to get out. The gang and crime and gun violence was ridiculous. I did not feel safe at night. Whether it be west boynton or east boynton or central areas of boynton u couldn't pay me to move back there. All the low class trashy ppl that used to live east dont wanna live in violence either so its all spreading westward towards the nice areas. I wouldn't live anywhere south of PGA BLVD in south Florida.....

Old 07-09-2008, 08:04 PM

15 posts, read 85,774 times
I lived in Boynton Beach, FL from 1997 - 2004 and there were many areas that were not the greatest. The further West you go, the newer the communities and usually the nicer the areas. I would advise a gated community if you want to live in the area.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 70,545 times
I live in Delray now (mom of 20 month baby) but am in Boynton Beach all the time. I have never had any problems and have many, many friends with kids that live in Boynton. If you are really concerned, just stay west of Congress. There are plenty of retirees and gated communities out there. If you like the beach there are nice places east of Federal, like Marina Village. Renaissance Commons is nice as well, in the area of Gateway and Congress. There are far worse areas, especially if you are coming from a city. I think people are really over reacting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach