Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 AM

53 posts, read 172,034 times

Advertisements

I am closer than ever to relocating, 2013 have to be there for kids entering H.S. I was initially looking at Palm Harbour on West Coast but decided I like the vibe of Miami and Fll too much.

But having a young family, these areas are not options....

So I have been researching the best public school districts, neighborhoods,housing etc.... in South FLorida and Jupiter (Egret Landing, Paseos ) and some areas in Boca seem right for me. (I am aware of the HOA fees).

There also appears to be a lot to offer in Boca by means of houses, neighborhoods, communities etc..and Jupiter homes are not as large and more expensive...I was suprised at that. (In my price and size range)

Not been to Jupiter but looks really nice...I have read a lot about surronding areas of Jupiter WPB and some of the issues.. I grew up in Metroplitan D.C. so I am aware of every place has its good and bad.

I moved out in 94 and live on the Eastern Shore of MD at the Beach so I know this end as well...........talk about slooooooooooooo. Its time to go!! It's nice but when you leave the neighborhood theres not much to offer.

I have been to Boca and our agent turned us away from there and brought us to Parkland. It was nice but too far west for me. So we never really got to check out Boca area.

We are coming down April 1-3 to check out both areas.

Best public schools and safe family neighborhoods are a must. Opportunities for our childrens future are paramount ..nothing here for our kids.

Another factor is drive time, I hear a lot of people drive towards Boca and Fll for jobs.... depending on where our jobs will be .... I will be retired LE and wife teacher.

Any experience or input for with these areas. Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,405,027 times
Boca Schools: Omni Middle School and Spanish River HS or Boca Community High School..Best HS 's in Boca In My Opinion... as we have had experienced another HS in Boca and were very unhappy....Our Son currently attends Spanish River and he/we couldnt be happier..Omni out of the 4 Middle Schools in Boca was our choice as it was best suited for our daughter...You can Check out Eagles Landing also rated well its a Middle School in West Boca however they feed into Olympic Heights HS and I can only suggest you do your homework with this school...As I had when I was looking..I can Not tell you about Jupiter other than it is a beautiful Place and from what I hear the Schools are very good as well...
It Seems 2013 is a bit far away for relocating but further enough away for you do do some great Research Our son will be Graduating HS in 2013...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Thx for the info, I have been using great schools.com and the zip code search for school districts and ratings and I do like the communities that are in Spanish Rivers Boundries.

I am famaliar with Olympic.........great schools is a very good tool.

Do you feel the area has every thing to offer for your kids future...meaning opportunities for continuing education, career choices etc....

Good Luck with your graduating senior!!! Thx again

Last edited by palms; 03-23-2011 at 12:03 PM..

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM

Our son is a Sophomore right now in Spanish River and is also in the Entreprenuership Program..He will be Graduating in 2013 he is also In DECA... Spanish River has the largest chapter in Florida..It.is a business organization ran through the School and in the State of Florida he came in 5th Place in States...for his Category.We are very proud parents with that being said this school has been wonderful for him in many ways...He loves business and wants to start his own but he also is interested in Physical Therapy and We feel this school certainly Prepares them for their future if they want it...

Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM

82 posts, read 220,248 times
Go with Jupiter

Old 03-23-2011, 03:51 PM

I did forget to Mention Boca High School also has some great Programs as well..and they have something called "The Stem" Program you might want to look into if your considering East Boca....You can probably find more info on their website as well...

Old 03-24-2011, 05:14 AM

Thx for the info swimmom, I appreciate it!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5312 View Post
Go with Jupiter
5312 I see you are or where in LE , whats the civilian LE job market like?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

82 posts, read 220,248 times
Don't know much about the civilian job market. Only Sworn.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5312 View Post
Don't know much about the civilian job market. Only Sworn.
Gotcha.... done my time and ready to get off shift work and hopefully find one of those nice background investigator positions for Homeland Security. I see they pop up once in a while ...or maybe I'll just go fishn instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach