Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:04 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,262,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Our son is a Sophomore right now in Spanish River and is also in the Entreprenuership Program..He will be Graduating in 2013 he is also In DECA... Spanish River has the largest chapter in Florida..It.is a business organization ran through the School and in the State of Florida he came in 5th Place in States...for his Category.We are very proud parents with that being said this school has been wonderful for him in many ways...He loves business and wants to start his own but he also is interested in Physical Therapy and We feel this school certainly Prepares them for their future if they want it...
When I had my old company, I always hired the kids from DECA. They were great workers and I've kept in touch with a lot of them. Great program; glad it's still around

My kids went to Spanish River High as well; well prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,406,160 times
thats great Bette our son loves it..Yes River is the largest chapter in the State although Mr Sweetapple is retiring
But that is ok we will still have a big presence

Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM

53 posts, read 172,049 times
How about the sports programs, my kids all play lacrosse and soccer. I know Jupiter has a pretty big lacrosse program what about in Boca??

Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 AM

River has a very good Lacrosse team and Soccer team the only Team that really isnt very good is the Football..But I believe they have a new coach so who knows next season..Our Hockey team went to states and our Tennis Team went to States and our Golf Team goes to Nationals and our Swim Team goes to Regionals (my son is on the swim team)

Hope this helps

Old 03-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Thx swimmom any info is always a help I appreciate all of it. We will be visiting next week and will be checking out Boca and Jupiter (as mentioned before).

I see a lot of blogs on East, West and Central Boca.....

I do not want to be in a country club atmosphere....we are looking for large family neighborhoods tons of kids, with side walks and cul de sacs etc...

I have been utilizing a lot of different real estate resources and found several neighborhoods in my range and desires...4+ bed 3+ bath 3000 min sq ft Mediteranean style with lots of Palm trees and pool of course lookn to down size and spend under 500K.

Can you suggest any neighborhoods for our drive through next week, I have found homes in Mission BAy, Vineyards, Pines At Boca Delmar, Boca Grove, Saturnia, Boca Isles south and Sonata....phewwwwww there are sooooo many diffeent neighborhoods.

Are u famaliar with any of these. I have done the search on them......can't remember off hand which school districts but I do have it written down at home.

Thx again in advance Tony

Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 AM

Yes I have friends in Saturnia and saturnia Isles..they both attend Eagles Landing Middle and Olympic Heights HS...Boca Grove is a Country Club and must pay Equity to get in there...Boca Isles south beautiful I would check that school but it might be Olympic and if its not its West Boca HS..NONE of these developments are in the Omni/Spanish River District...I have friends in Mission Bay...The Vineyards is a nice development as well also in the Olympic Heights District...Sonata is in Mission Bay...I wouldn't spend more than 350k in Mission Bay but that is my opinion...We visited all these developments when we were looking for rentals in 09 and we have some friends in a few of them..

Millpond here is beautiful Central Boca/Omni/Spanish River
Colonnade is very nice as well Central Boca/Omni Spanish River
Baynans at Broken Sound no equity Required very nice and family development.../Omni and Spanish River

Woodfield Hunt Club-might be a little more expensive but also membership to country club is Optional..
I would also check the border of Delray..Addison Preserve gorgeous they attend Boca Schools...Omni and Spanish River My son has a few friends in there...
Bristol Pointe in Delray on the Border of Boca also attend Omni and Spanish River...There is also Estansia and Estansia South that is in Central Boca not far from me...Very Nice also Omni Spanish River

If I can think of anymore I will you know

Boca Del Mar is also the schools above..

Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Your hired!!!! wow..... now I am really confused LOL..thx for all the info!!

Spanish River district looks like where we want to be....

Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 AM

Thank You I think its the Realtor in me...lol You know I should have gotten my real estate license here. lol..I was a realtor in NJ for 7 years then put it on referral after we moved here to FL and well I let it go.. there was no reason to keep it active...If Spanish River is where you want to be then focus in on 33496, 33433, 33434..this may help you a little...
You can always DM with any questions...

I do also suggest if your still considering Jupiter I would go and take a look as well...and take a look at the schools so at least you have something to compare it too

Last edited by Swimmom32; 03-25-2011 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Thanks again I will continue to pick your brain........and you should get your real estate llicense. I cant tell u how many agents have no clue of the areas. I would use u in a second!

The one realtor I am dealing with is located in Jupiter so I can't fault her at all ,she does know Jupiter very well. Jupiter is easy...only a handful of communities and Jupiter High looks awesome.... Egret Landing is the main one there.

Jupiter just may be too far from FLL and Miami for me. But I really won't know until we really check the area out and figure out where will be workn..ad if both palces will fit our lifestyles....good thing we have 2 years , a lot of stuff has to fall in line but I will be there for sure !!!!

As I mentioned before, the one relator we used before took us directly to Parkland and bypassed Boca all together. We did stay in Boca but never go a chance to really research it.

I am from D.C. metro area originally so I am looking forward to be back around suburban/urban areas.

But thank you for all the info...it's been very useful.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Umm ok well let me make a recommendation then..My dh commutes to Miami Doral from here and its an hour on a good day..Jupiter to Boca depending on when you go is about 30-45 minutes...Ft Lauderdale is only 30 min so with that being said Jupiter to Miami is a trek and even to Fort Lauderdale...Just think about it...There is someone on the forum that lives in Egret's Landing maybe they will comment as Ive heard very nice things about it..We didnt chose Jupiter because of the Commuting Piece of it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach