Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Clinton supporters actually vote for CLINTON against MCCAIN?
MCCAIN would get those voters in November 3 30.00%
HILIARY would get those voters in November 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times

Advertisements

It seems that Hiliary is significantly more popular than Obama in WV.

But if Hiliary was somehow magically elected, would she really get all those voters, or would McCain get them?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,786 times
Is this a question? Or a joke?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times
Objective Comment:

West Virginian's saw/let a personable lady charm them.

It was a love fest to say the least...they will remember that and support her.

The lowkey, almost absence of Bill helped a lot...the handlers are/were doing this right.

The money was handled right...sign handlers were on every street corner...an indication that some of the money was used for the election.

The people will remember her...McCain will write the state off...nothing here for him.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:21 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
I'll toss out a question to candidates hillary and mccain for november:

What policies and plans do you have to offer WV's health as a state?
Let the better plan prevail, regardless of its source.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times
Okay, so its a love-fest for Hiliary, it sounds like.

Some of the news media is spinning it as WVers just reject Obama so completely that it was votes for Hiliary to reject him.

What if OBAMA gets the nomination? Would WV vote for the Democrat Obama or the Republican McCain (if Hiliary isnt an option)? Maybe that is my real question.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post

West Virginian's saw/let a personable lady charm them.
You don't give WV'rs credit for discernment, which I strongly take issue. They voted their conscience, the most probable hope for progress they could see among the choices offered.

No candidate is perfect, and what would it be if jesus actually were president, anyway?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What if OBAMA gets the nomination? Would WV vote for the Democrat Obama or the Republican McCain (if Hiliary isnt an option)? Maybe that is my real question.
Obama wins, I would likely vote for a third party candidate unless mccain starts getting his spine back and tells righteous right to mind their own yard. and gets serious about healthcare. and revamps his attitude toward iraq. and... oh forget it, third party it is. Maybe this is a republican strategy to divide yet again.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 AM

967 posts, read 2,996,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Obama wins, I would likely vote for a third party candidate unless mccain starts getting his spine back and tells righteous right to mind their own yard. and gets serious about healthcare. and revamps his attitude toward iraq. and... oh forget it, third party it is. Maybe this is a republican strategy to divide yet again.
ROFL!! The MSM chooses to disregard this sentiment, but I hear it too often to think it's not going to matter this November

I envision this as a sign by the highway: The Elephant and the Donkey below the words : HAD ENOUGH YET?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times
HarborLady: ha ha ha ha ha ha....Wv's know that elections are a joke...bought and paid for and a good time for all. It's chivarious....It was time to party...and Hillary was OK! Love Fest for all...

Prediction:

3rd party candidates will throw this election into a QUANDRY...
and sadly, No Teddy Roosevelt to the rescue...might as well run OPRAH..
as everyone will be in the fray. The winning ticket might be Clinton/Obama

You heard it here!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
ROFL!! The MSM chooses to disregard this sentiment, but I hear it too often to think it's not going to matter this November

I envision this as a sign by the highway: The Elephant and the Donkey below the words : HAD ENOUGH YET?
Well, you know I'm not registered in either 2 party unless it's a special occasion (like now). Problem is for third candidates the race is fixed against them because of the nature of electoral college. Can't WV get it's surplus of lawyers working on this problem instead???

What's more, neither party is true to their mission statements. Renaming the parties based on the mud slinging I've witnessed these past 40 yrs, we should call the party formerly known as democrat: the robin hood party (stealing from the rich to give to the poor) and the party formerly known as republican: the Ole Boys Network (robbing the poor to make the rich obscenely wealthy, and cementing the door shut so nobody else gets in the club).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia