Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,058,155 times

Advertisements

This is the same man who is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations aka CFR and stood up during some kind of press conference and made the statement.
"When I was campaigning with Bush for President, I wouldn't dare share my membership with the CFR with the folks back in Wyoming" There is a building named after the man in Casper where he grew up That is a total slap in the face to the people in the state I love to call my home and his supposed "home town"...

He is a disgrace! and I can't stand the man. He is what I call a real bigot. I can't stand that he labels southern states as ignorant ect, my husband is born and raised from Louisiana, and that is a slap in his face also... another reason I don't like the man...

My heart goes out to all of you in West Virginia, I think what he said was uncalled for...

Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 PM

650 posts, read 1,207,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
As I said in another thread, Cheney is just jealous because West Virginians know how to handle firearms.

Clever and hilarious...and probably accurate! It would have been the perfect response if only you'd been there at the time. Senator Byrd's reply was right on the money too.

Run for office and I'll vote for you, Bobilee.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM

938 posts, read 2,899,151 times
God I hate politicians. All of them. I don't even like people that are political supporters of anything.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:13 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,602,502 times
What gets me is Obama makes a comment about people being bitter about the way things are and he gets criticized, yet Cheney can come up with a crude innuendo about an entire state and people laugh. I don't think we get it. I personally think his comments are crude and uncalled for. Why didn't he make this comment about Wyoming? He knew his fellow citizens would be outraged. Yet, he can get by with this? Another reason why I am voting for snobby Obama.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:04 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,992,401 times
Cheney is an absolute idiot. That is all he has been for the past 8 years!!! He and George sit around trying to figure out who's thumb is up each others a$$. I really hope our next leader isn't as brain dead as these two blundering idiots!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:22 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,318,295 times
Now we will have the 'Rocky and Bullwinkle show...Obama and McCain...let me pull a rabbit outta that hat.

Politics is a sideshow...can you see the humor?

Its about the money...lots of money.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:26 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Now we will have the 'Rocky and Bullwinkle show...Obama and McCain...let me pull a rabbit outta that hat.

Politics is a sideshow...can you see the humor?

Its about the money...lots of money.
Oh so true! Just think how many great President's we have missed out on because they didn't have the money.

Bottom line you have to play politics to get the money so you see we are screwed!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,318,295 times
The more election reform we have the worse they get...there's a few fellows down in McDowell county who could write a good book on vote buying but they went to prison last week....

Thing is...I think the money is all spent in the Primaries...Obama will not have to spend a dime if the General Election is anything like the media outcome of these Primary Elections...poor old Hillary was dead in the water before she started...it was Rush Limbaugh keeping her afloat for the voters to think she even had a chance...crazy.

I may not have a choice in the General Election but I was able to choose in the Primary.
Glad of it too. Now...who looks good in 2012?

Where's Bullwinkle?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,848 times
Whoever its elected, will magically make your money disappear with their hands tied behind their back. Regardless of all the "bla bla bla". Might as well vote for David Copperfield. He could resurrect The Amazing Kreskin for VP, he probably needs a good gig.
But about the orig. post, Kennedy is right, let them dislike WV and stay the heck outa here (except for me) . I think Cheney is more harmful to WV by promoting his home state's coal business at the expense of WV business. His little smirky jokes are just one more reason to not like him.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
God I hate politicians. All of them. I don't even like people that are political supporters of anything.
I despise politics too, but I see it as a neccessary duty to participate as the check and balance system- the ordinary citizen. Trying to keep responsibility for myself can only happen in so much as the larger society isn't imposing its will excessively. (the argument for ron paul/libertarians).

The problem as I see it is that the current political system relies upon statesmen and good leaders to be able to harvest $$$$, and war chest size determines who the winner is (john edwards, all other candidates) because they get to hire the most conniving snake in the grass creatures to operate their campaigns through propaganda and media manipulation. The system as is encourages dishonesty, treachery, conduct unbecoming of true statesmenship and overall yields to robber barron class instead of true democracy.

These are a few of the reasons I can see no solution around wrongful collusive/corruption other than insisting all money for campaigns be forced into a general fund that levels the playing field for all candidates forcing them to speak on merit alone. Stately debates in traditional settings (press/tv debates/radio interviews), questions submitted from citizenry and the press, abolish madison avenue OUT of this!!!

The noise of hack pundits, K street lobby and ne'er-do-wells on the street have more influence over american politics than the candidates actual merits. Its sickness. It's killing us. We need this circus to quit once and for all.

We as citizens need to be the ones to demand it of politicians and government because those who are profficient at being a conniving snake in the grass have vested interests at keeping status quo. These changes can only be insisted upon by the power of the people.

If you have a better idea- believe me my ears are open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia