Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
What gets me is Obama makes a comment about people being bitter about the way things are and he gets criticized, yet Cheney can come up with a crude innuendo about an entire state and people laugh. I don't think we get it. I personally think his comments are crude and uncalled for. Why didn't he make this comment about Wyoming? He knew his fellow citizens would be outraged. Yet, he can get by with this? Another reason why I am voting for snobby Obama.
Huh? Did you read the thread? Doesn't seem like Cheney is getting any laughs out of the posters here. Everyone already hates Cheney and he's not up for election so his stupid statements get less attention than such a popular figure as Obama. I will go out on a limb and guess you were going to vote D anyway....and probably always do?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,602,502 times
How many responses actually occured on this thread about his remarks? And, would the same be true if he had chosen to say Wyoming instead of West Virginia. My point was that Obama said some very true things and yet folks were offended. But, some can manage to forgive Cheney for much more derogatory comments. And yes, nationally he did get a lot of laughs from his comments. If you saw the speech and heard the reaction, it was nothing but laughs. Not sure if they would all have been laughing had it been some other state mentioned.
Oh-and Mathguy-I was a republican voter for many years until Bush's second term. That is no longer the party that represents less government and less spending. Instead, it is the party that wants to be in everyone's business constantly and wants to spend, spend, spend. So, I am now voting for Obama but still not a registered Democrat. May come soon though!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Huh? Did you read the thread? Doesn't seem like Cheney is getting any laughs out of the posters here. Everyone already hates Cheney and he's not up for election so his stupid statements get less attention than such a popular figure as Obama. I will go out on a limb and guess you were going to vote D anyway....and probably always do?
Yeah, he got a lot of laughs while he was laughing along. I particularly like the comment he made after about being able to say that because he is not running for anything..............So his real thoughts come out because he has nothing to lose.

All I can say......."Thanks for the last f*cked up 8 years, take yourself and your friend Bushie back to the oil rigs".

Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,318,295 times
If we can suck the energy out of our anger, we can use it raise ourselves to a higher level. These people do not influence us directly...they are opportunists and create the opportunity for themselves...

Here's how its done...Congressman/Senator X gets together with some cronies.
Passes new earmark requirements (earmarks are under 1 million and not accountable by Government audit and recording) that state that appropriated money is available for all who qualify for the Grants.
Congressman/Senator sets up non-profit corporations in every county in his district to gather in the money. Requirements for the money are strict and no others can qualify for the money but the select non-profit corporations. Grant Staff in Capitol town award money to select non-profit corporation to do good for the people..they work for the Congressman/Senator too.
Money comes down the chain...is held in local banks...is moved to other banks...after 3 moves it disappears or is transfered to another fund...Government auditors cannot find the money...money is in the Cayman Islands...Government auditors give up and have more money printed...
Earmarks are really a small amount of the budget...last count only amounted to 270 Billion. That's 23 times the annual budget of West Virginia.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Yeah, he got a lot of laughs while he was laughing along. I particularly like the comment he made after about being able to say that because he is not running for anything..............So his real thoughts come out because he has nothing to lose.

All I can say......."Thanks for the last f*cked up 8 years, take yourself and your friend Bushie back to the oil rigs".
jani have no fear- he has plans of retiring to dubai, where his true loyalty resided.
GOOD RIDDENCE!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM

531 posts, read 1,744,561 times
Makes me glad I voted for Kerry (lesser of the 2 evils).

Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 AM

175 posts, read 565,144 times
I think from now on all presidential primary campaigns should be made into live Reality TV shows. No public or private funding for individual candidates. Every week one candidate from each party gets voted out by the viewers until there are only two left. No delagates involved and only the "popular" vote counts. Should be over in about 12 weeks and we would only have to watch it for one hour each week. Voting would be done by 800 telephone, text message or internet and you can vote as many times as you want. Yeah, this is just a joke but is it really any bigger joke than we've been subject to over the past several months??

Old 06-06-2008, 09:00 AM

650 posts, read 1,207,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Navy View Post
I think from now on all presidential primary campaigns should be made into live Reality TV shows.
Yeah, this is just a joke ...
DARN.

I was thinking that was sheer brilliance.

Make them sit on sofas discussing issues for all the world to watch...and let us see how they manage under pressure. I don't know, I think this has some real merit.

With the money saved from campaigns, you could start working on that national debt!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Navy View Post
I think from now on all presidential primary campaigns should be made into live Reality TV shows. No public or private funding for individual candidates. Every week one candidate from each party gets voted out by the viewers until there are only two left. No delagates involved and only the "popular" vote counts. Should be over in about 12 weeks and we would only have to watch it for one hour each week. Voting would be done by 800 telephone, text message or internet and you can vote as many times as you want. Yeah, this is just a joke but is it really any bigger joke than we've been subject to over the past several months??
That sounds a lot like miss america pagent. Would a swimwear category be neccessary? (Please do NOT let McCain wear a speedo!!! )

Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 AM

175 posts, read 565,144 times
LOL!! I think we could take a pass on the swimwear....but a pants suit competetion might be OK. McCain in bright yellow speedos....now that's just not for the faint of heart....but then again...Hillary in a bikini??? Naw, lets just go with the pants suit and the obligatory "World Peace" speech. Jeez, I've ruined this thread so I'll just go stand in the corner for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia