Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 15,323 times

Advertisements

Care to help two car-less college students out and shed some light this? We've both seen something about a bus that goes from Charleston to Clarksburg, but we can't remember where we saw it. From there, we can arrange a ride. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 06:48 AM

4,959 posts, read 8,955,150 times
No bus between the two that I know of. You may be thinking of the Morgantown-Clarksburg bus route or the new Huntington-Charleston bus route. The Mountain Line out of Morgantown does go as far as Clarksburg but not all of the way to Charleston. There did used to be Greyhound service between the two but the Morgantown station closed for some reason. Finding the closest Greyhound station would probably be your best bet. Here are some links.
Tim

Greyhound Locations By State

Mountain Line Transit Authority

Intelligent Transit - Ride Smart!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
Also have not heard of any public way to travel between Chas to MoTown or Clarksburg.

You may want to look around MountainLair.com - Your Morgantown, WV Information Source .
Most WVU students without a car I know hitch a ride with someone heading to Chas and help pay gas. There is always someone heading to the greater Chas area on the weekend.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:51 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
(Facetiously)

I think the only public transportation route from Morgantown to Charleston would entail taking a bus to Greater Pitt, fly to Washington National, then take the Metro to Union Station, and Amtrak to Charleston.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
(Facetiously)

I think the only public transportation route from Morgantown to Charleston would entail taking a bus to Greater Pitt, fly to Washington National, then take the Metro to Union Station, and Amtrak to Charleston.
That was funny. Very creative.

Actually, you can take a bus from Chas to Wheeling or Pittsburgh but I don't think you can get to MoTown unless you hire the limo co. in Wheeling. I don't think there is a bus between Pitts and MoTown.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
It's like the old Irishman said, "You can't get there from here."

Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
That was funny. Very creative.

Actually, you can take a bus from Chas to Wheeling or Pittsburgh but I don't think you can get to MoTown unless you hire the limo co. in Wheeling. I don't think there is a bus between Pitts and MoTown.
There is a bus between Pittsburgh and Morgantown. It's the Mountain Line bus. If you can bus from Charleston to Pittsburgh, at the same bus terminal you can get a bus to Morgantown. Also, if any bus from Charleston stops in Clarksburg or Fairmont, you can get a bus to Morgantown from there.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM

Just saw this on another website, have not looked through it but looks worthy of checking out:
Mountain Line Transit Authority

I think it's the one mentioned by CT.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Just check their schedule before you book any flights...

The one northbound trip each day leaves Morgantown at 10am, arrives in Downtown Pittsburgh at 12 noon and at Greater Pitt at 12:30pm. The southbound trip leaves downtown at 1:30pm and the airport at 2:00pm, arriving in Morgantown at 4pm, Fairmont and Clarksburg even later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia