Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:27 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times

Advertisements

I heard on the radio last night (so don't take these numbers as necessarily accurate) that the 2050 standards would mean the per capita carbon footprint would be the same as it was in 1875. Huddling around some rocks that sat in the sun all day might be more like it.

One news report said that 85% of the carbon emission allowances would be given away. So the key to survival will be becoming part of the chosen. If natural gas users are given allowances, but oil eat users are not, it's going to be very expensive to use oil heat.

I wonder if I'll need an emissions permit for a wood stove?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
Bet on that Emissions Permit for ALL Point of Use carbon burning fuels...
Will be saddled into Federal Money to Counties and states...already to go!

You will be fined for producing Air Particulate Pollution (Smoke)

Just the same as letting the oil from your vehicle drain onto the soil and contaminating the ground water..

This is an extension of the county and state-side Smoking Bans...under Health Laws...

I'm not kidding and the power dweebs know what this will mean to them...our poor and not-so-poor burn a lot of wood in Wv...

It will be coming to an end...like picking up litter and re-cycling...those who burn wood will be classified the same as litter-bugs and whale killers...

Will be taught in the schools to the generation coming up...

I'm telling you, this is ready to go...

Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Let me explain whats going on in the USA:

Obama and his crew know that they are a 1 term Presidency.

Under the Bushes and Clinton the MONEY stayed put...in the hands of business people, GM, EXxon, Soros, Berkshire/Hathaway, Saudi Arabia...

Now a great change is taking place to move the MONEY directly into MOB COFFERS...
No reading of any legislation...backroom deals going unquestioned...as if "WHO's there to ask any questions?

All in a hurry...no oversite...It's like everybody is in the bank and someone has yelled FIRE..and our money is piled in the center of the bank floor.

When this is over...we will be able to begin a new country, as nothing will be left..not even an Army/Navy to protect us...

Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 PM

CAP and TRADE TAX:

We will be hit with a double whammy...electric tax to burn coal for power generation...then as natural gas takes the place of coal in those generators...we will be taxed for that too...WHY? Carbon Based,CO2 generating...

In the temperate zones of the 3rd world (Russia and Chicago) the people wear fur coats and have since the Ice Age...ha ha ha...can't do that in USA...cruelty to the animal brothers...

so who do we skin? How about a wild wino-eyed Pelosi or a far western Hairy Reid...
Moneyhand rump fur might keep a person warm for a while and and a rocky feller, if it was warmed in the sun...as someone said.

We are entering an oblivion here and our personal offshore accounts are feeble...I know what I'll do...research...

Al Sharpton will lead the way...I'll see where the real money is going...thanks, City-Data...

Old 06-27-2009, 03:38 PM

300 posts, read 819,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
so who do we skin?
Where to begin?

"In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of . . God."
-- Evan Thomas, Newsweek Magazine Editor-At-Large, on MSNBC Hardball with Chris Matthews

Dear Evan Thomas,
We live in a Constitutional Republic, which has some clearly defined seperation of powers to protect the people from the kind of tyranny your ilk is promoting. So go **** yourself, and as for your "sort of . . God", tell the himself to go **** himself too!
R
Citizen of the Sovereign State of West Virginia

Stanislav Mishin, author of "Mat Rodina" blog, and Pravda author "World Snickers as America Free-Falls into Marxism", in his entry, "Green, The New Name of Totalitarianism", calls them : "Watermelons".

Green on the outside, Marxist Red on the inside.

Don't get me wrong, I don't subscribe to Stanislav's occasional detrimental remarks about this country or his sappy view of Russian royalty, but the point being is, it's sad when Russians are warning us about our decent into Marxism. Africans too, by the way, see the writing on the wall . .

“[u]nderstand this: the African colonial who is given too much political power can only become one thing: a despot.”
American Thinker: Obama, the African Colonial

Last edited by red.ochre; 06-27-2009 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Mindboggeling wheeling & dealing were made (many last minute) to get Cap & Trade to pass.
300 pages submitted at 3AM the day of the C&P vote -- wonder how many Congressman got to read those goodies before the vote?

People made so many phones calls and emails to their Congressman to vote no that it locked up the system.

Yet once again - the he** with what the people want.

At least Nicki Joe and Mollohan voted the way the people of WV demanded.
But why the big delay in saying it?
Wonder how they would have voted if their vote was needed to pass the bill?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Now is the time to start letting Rockefeller know how we want him to vote on Cap & Trade.
Anyone know where he stands?
Have found info from 2008 but not finding any recent info on his stand on Cap & Trade.

April 2008:
Quote:
Senator John D. (Jay) Rockefeller IV ......encouraged by the creation of an industry group ..........to address the future of coal and climate change. ........the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE) – includes national and West Virginia[SIZE=3] companies .......... The companies announced today that they are committing themselves to support an integrated solution to climate change concerns, including potentially a mandatory cap and trade program. Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)&[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
June 2008:
Quote:
We believe a federal cap and trade program must not only significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions but also ensure that consumers and workers in all regions of the U.S. are protected from undue hardship. A federal cap and trade program is perhaps the most significant endeavor undertaken by Congress in over 70 years and must be done with great care. Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
June 2008:
Quote:
Provide Accountability for Consumer Dollars: The cap and trade program developed in the Lieberman-Warner bill has the potential to raise over $7 trillion. Much of these funds will be indirectly paid for by consumers through increased energy prices. The federal government has a fundamental obligation to ensure these funds are being spent in a responsible and wise manner. The development of any cap and trade program must recognize the sensitivity of this obligation and eliminate all possibility of waste, fraud or abuse. Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)

May 2009:
Quote:
Senator John D. (Jay) Rockefeller, IV (D-WV), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, introduced The Federal Surface Transportation Policy and Planning Act of 2009 last week. ..........
Major goals of the bill include:
Reduce national surface transportation-generated carbon dioxide levels by 40% by 2030
Comprehensive Transportation Bill Unveiled in Senate
On the flip side:
Quote:
Two groups of Democratic senators seem most worried about "cap and trade: Those up for re-election in 2010, ............. and those who hail from Midwestern states that disproportionately rely on carbon-emitting coal for their electricity generation. The latter include ........Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, ............. Hawaii Reporter: Hawaii Reporter (http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?6ec19469-6c38-4ec3-9c69-516b4cb5b6ef - broken link)

Old 06-28-2009, 09:54 AM

For the record, I have actually worked as a stable boy, and found few harder jobs . . perhaps deep sea fishing, or coal mining, so I might occasionally have language emphasis that are not socially acceptable. I don't encourage politicians to use my vocabulary, but this time might be appropriate.

"Hey, people deserve to know what's in this pile of s--t."
-- Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio)

Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
At least Nicki Joe and Mollohan voted the way the people of WV demanded.
But why the big delay in saying it?
Wonder how they would have voted if their vote was needed to pass the bill?
Yay votes are being outed like a priest caught with a boy. The wildfire is spreading. Those yay vote careers are over.

On the bright side, if this wakes up people who have their brains in the off-position, maybe some good will come of it.

Last edited by red.ochre; 06-28-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 AM

128 posts, read 443,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.ochre View Post
Yay votes are being outed like a priest caught with a boy. The wildfire is spreading. Those yay vote careers are over.

On the bright side, if this wakes up people who have their brains in the off-position, maybe some good will come of it.
Sooooooooo, 2000 election in florida, people didn't wake up.

9/11, people didn't wake up.

Complete governmental failure during Hurricane Katrina, people didn't wake up.

But some environmental bill in congress, is going to wake them up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia