Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM

353 posts, read 1,007,180 times

Advertisements

I'm posting this on the Westchester board since there in none for Putnam. By any chance, would anybody have a hotel they would recommend in Cold Spring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,293 times
the only one I know of is Hudson House Hudson House - A Country Inn - Cold Spring, NY which has a nice restaurant and a great location. But I've never stayed there.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 PM

309 posts, read 765,696 times
don't know if they still have them but the Plumbush Inn restaurant on, i think, 9A had a couple of bed & breakfast rooms. we had our reception there & they gave us one that night. (Plumbush Inn Restaurant Cold Spring New York weddings)

there's also the pig hill inn, another b&b (Pig Hill Inn, an historic Bed and Breakfast in Cold Spring-on-Hudson, New York)

if you're looking more for a traditional hotel, try fishkill, just off I-84, it's about 20-30 minutes away & has several major chains.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
The only hotel/motel I know of in the area south of Dutchess County is the Peekskill Motor Inn. There is virtually no lodging on the east side of the Hudson north of White Plains (or more accurately Hawthorne) until you get to the Fishkill area in Dutchess County. Why, I don't know, when I worked up near Peekskill it was a big problem when we had visiting clients as they didn't consider Peekskill Motor Inn to be a "businesslike" place to lodge them (though it is hardly a "day rate" motel either) and we usually either had to lodge them down in White Plains/Tarrytown or up in Fishkill. I imagine IBM in Yorktown Heights has this problem with out-of-town visitors. There used to be a nice hotel on the Ossining/Croton border on Rt. 9, but it is now a seniors home.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
The only hotel/motel I know of in the area south of Dutchess County is the Peekskill Motor Inn. There is virtually no lodging on the east side of the Hudson north of White Plains (or more accurately Hawthorne) until you get to the Fishkill area in Dutchess County. Why, I don't know, when I worked up near Peekskill it was a big problem when we had visiting clients as they didn't consider Peekskill Motor Inn to be a "businesslike" place to lodge them (though it is hardly a "day rate" motel either) and we usually either had to lodge them down in White Plains/Tarrytown or up in Fishkill. I imagine IBM in Yorktown Heights has this problem with out-of-town visitors. There used to be a nice hotel on the Ossining/Croton border on Rt. 9, but it is now a seniors home.
There's the Monteverde Inn in Cortlandt Manor, just above Peekskill, which is nice but pricey (rooms start at $225 and go up into the $700's):
Monteverde at Oldstone Manor (http://www.monteverderestaurant.com/index.php - broken link)

As for the IBM in Yorktown Heights, I bet they send people to the Holiday Inn in Mt Kisco, which is 5 minutes away:
http://www.himtkisco.com/

Old 07-10-2009, 04:02 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
There's the Monteverde Inn in Cortlandt Manor, just above Peekskill, which is nice but pricey (rooms start at $225 and go up into the $700's):
Monteverde at Oldstone Manor (http://www.monteverderestaurant.com/index.php - broken link)

As for the IBM in Yorktown Heights, I bet they send people to the Holiday Inn in Mt Kisco, which is 5 minutes away:
http://www.himtkisco.com/
Forgot about Mt. Kisco, thanks for the reminder. A long time ago went to a New Year's party with stayover option there (Holiday Inn) with my then girlfriend/now wife.

I didn't think about Monteverde Inn because I always thought of them as a super-expensive B&B, though technically they are a hotel. Very nice restaurant, my old company had a couple of holiday parties there.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 PM

57 posts, read 243,982 times
Hudson House is nice. Pig Hill Inn is another good choice. Both on Main Street in Cold Spring. Stayed at both multiple times.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM

jdf718 - did you prefer one or the other of the two that you mentioned? Both look interesting. The pictures at their web sites seem to suggest the rooms are bigger at Pig Hill Inn. I looked a comments about both and most were positive but a few people said they had bad experiences relating to noise and room upkeep. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:45 PM

57 posts, read 243,982 times
I prefer Hudson House, especially if you get a room with a balcony - really more of a deck almost, they are quite spacious. Great views across the river to Storm King. The restaurant in the inn is pretty good. If it's cold at night, the fireplace is handy, although it won't be in use this time of year. There's also a bar where you can order drinks and relax on the premises.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:22 PM

jdf718 - thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County