Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,010 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if you could give me any advice about the lovely town of Bakersville.
We are relocating from Louisiana. We have a 7 yr old son and my husband has severe c.o.p.d.
What is the town like? What is the crime there? Is high speed internet available? What is the air quality like?

This is a one shot deal so everything has to work like clockwork...yeah right!!
We have been looking to move to western North Carolina for 8 yrs now and we are at a point where we can. My husband is a retired photographer and i am starting the busness as my own. We have one chance of doing this right. We are also planning a trip for next week to come and see the place and i cannot wait.
ANY advice would be so greatly appreciated. Originaly, we planned to try and buy a home in Burnsville, the prices look a little out of our range but i guess untill we actually get there, it could still be a possibility. Thanks in advance to any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM

765 posts, read 2,568,774 times
Be aware that with air quality alerts the higher the altitude the worse it gets around here, especially ozone. There are many days when there are no alerts in the valleys but the ridge tops are under one. Also, Burnsville and Bakersville may both be quite a bit out in the sticks for a photo business.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,010 times
Thats some great advice Cofga, something i need to look into more. Thanks for your time, i appreciate it.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,492 times
What was the result in the Bakersville North Carolina - How did the move turn out? How are the schools for 8 & 9th graders? Medical doctors available close by? How does the altitude do for people with C.O.P.D?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina