Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:11 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,049,533 times

Advertisements

I used to live out by Woodfin, and the firecrackers would kind of... continue onward well beyond Bastille day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 07:25 PM

644 posts, read 672,946 times
Pleasantly surprised there has been no activity within ear shot tonight.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:25 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,420,390 times
My God, how annoying to hear fireworks more than one day. A few years ago, we spent the Fourth of July at a friends house. As we were driving home though the winding country roads late at night, there were still fireworks going off.

I saw deer running across the road with their heads ducked down in fear. Never saw deer act like that before. Never considered what fireworks are like for wildlife.

Seeing them so fearful made me sad.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:39 AM

339 posts, read 319,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Where I live (in eastern NC), the same rednecks who drive pickups with the exhaust system modified to be so loud you can hear them coming and going for 5 miles in either direction, the same rednecks whose hobby is revving engines, not surprisingly, are the same ones who shoot off fireworks for a week or two.

Yep, AND setting off exploding targets.
I guess anyone could call your local LEOS about the illegal fireworks in your area .
What the heck, worth a try.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:11 AM

376 posts, read 501,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdash View Post
Yep, AND setting off exploding targets.
Nothing wrong with this provided you have property in a rural area. I love shooting tannerite targets. They are legal when mixed and used on site. Not just for rednecks. I of course dont shoot them in my backyard since I have close neighbors.

My neighbors shot fire works for the last 3 nights, clearly the illegal kind from the air burst I saw. But I dont complain because I support an Americans right to celebrate the 4th. In fact, I got the benefit of the seeing the fireworks without paying a red cent.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:06 PM

395 posts, read 463,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
And those things also include me acknowledging that my neighbors are not going to think and act exactly like me, all the time.

Thus, I tend not to get bent out of shape if they light off fire works once a year, on July 4th. Or, if once or twice a year, other neighbors host a party that includes relatively loud music of a genre that I dont like.
Live and let live is a concept I much agree with, providing it does not hurt anyone. However, neighbors having a party with loud music is quite different than people shooting off fireworks. Fireworks can and do cause permanent bodily injury; there are plenty of instances over the years of people losing fingers, hands, feet, eyes, etc. due to fireworks. They are not toys, by any means, which is why I am not okay with people I don't at all know (and therefore have no idea how responsible or not responsible they are) shooting off potentially maiming substances anywhere near our home. Obviously.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:43 PM

339 posts, read 319,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggar View Post
Nothing wrong with this provided you have property in a rural area. I love shooting tannerite targets. They are legal when mixed and used on site. Not just for rednecks. I of course dont shoot them in my backyard since I have close neighbors.

My neighbors shot fire works for the last 3 nights, clearly the illegal kind from the air burst I saw. But I dont complain because I support an Americans right to celebrate the 4th. In fact, I got the benefit of the seeing the fireworks without paying a red cent.

oh, did not say they were just for rednecks...just the people in our area that use them happen to be so.
Rural area here but a lot of people LIVE in/around the area & not too many neighbors are happy about the exploding targets, they can actually rattle the dishes on your shelves with the strengths being used around here.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:09 PM

599 posts, read 402,520 times
I know that many who have posted on this thread are against the concept of consumer fireworks though I have to say that I may just have a solution that could potentially work regarding the issue of fireworks in North Carolina.

I am a licensed pyrotechnician here in North Carolina and have been working since 2013 on legalizing consumer fireworks in North Carolina and have actually written a bill that has been introduced in the North Carolina General Assembly entitled the North Carolina Consumer Firework Safety Act in which would grant municipalities the power to permit and or prohibit the sale and use of consumer fireworks in North Carolina. Currently the only types of fireworks legal in NC without a license are those that do not become airborne, explode or spin while the neighboring states of SC, Tennessee and Georgia readily allow consumer fireworks to be sold and used in which causes thousands of North Carolinians every year to venture out of state to purchase currently banned fireworks who bring them back here to use.

Now we all know that the current ban isn't working and all I ask is that everyone consider looking into my bill that while allowing consumer fireworks improves safety through the implementation of new regulations.

If anyone has any comments or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

Here is my bill: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillL...15&BillID=h367

Here is my Facebook page regarding future legislation: https://www.facebook.com/Legalize-Co...0163751037327/

Last edited by PyroZach; 07-06-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 07:38 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,514,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggar View Post

The idea that because you live in a rural area anything goes noise wise is really annoying! Sound travels and bounces in the mountains and it can feel like you live in an amphitheater at times. It is often hard to tell from which direction you are hearing the noise. Everyone says okay the 4th is fireworks day like it or not its only one day. When that "day" turns into a week it gets very old. Same goes with motorcycles which are deliberately made to be very loud and shatter your weekend as they gun it around curves and you'd think they were on the deck. Again with target practice that goes on for hours so you can't sit outside without ear plugs. None of these things are bad or wrong, but when people don't/won't act with consideration for others then I'm with the Get Off The Grass faction.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:06 AM

526 posts, read 460,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
The idea that because you live in a rural area anything goes noise wise is really annoying! Sound travels and bounces in the mountains and it can feel like you live in an amphitheater at times. It is often hard to tell from which direction you are hearing the noise. Everyone says okay the 4th is fireworks day like it or not its only one day. When that "day" turns into a week it gets very old. Same goes with motorcycles which are deliberately made to be very loud and shatter your weekend as they gun it around curves and you'd think they were on the deck. Again with target practice that goes on for hours so you can't sit outside without ear plugs. None of these things are bad or wrong, but when people don't/won't act with consideration for others then I'm with the Get Off The Grass faction.
You sure your not my neighbor LOL I bought out in the country to do these things then she moved in and has called the law on everyone on the hill. To many dogs, yet hers rips everyone's garbage, then to many cars going into a particular house, they are HS kids with friends, yet she ILLEGALLY rents a garage and camper.
She calls every time I break out a gun and trap shoot. LOL The one time the deputy got out and looked over our shotguns made a few suggesting and left, the next time he waved as he turned around in my pasture. She needs to live in a condo with soundproofing. Life is short enjoy it. I hate her dogs barking all night long but I get up and close the window. I only once threw the garbage on her front deck that her dog ripped up now I just leave it in my out building till I take it to the dumps myself because commercial P/U isn't possible with her dogs, they've chewed a bungee off once and got in the can then the GM complained he didn't want to lift the bags 4' out of the can.
See we all deal with things we don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina