Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM

32 posts, read 58,926 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My wife and I had the chance to visit LaCrosse & the surrounding areas this weekend and loved it. My wife interviewed Monday and has a job offer today. We would like to know which area around LaCrosse would you recommend to live. We had a tour but not to much as far as house hunting goes . I liked the Holman and Onalaska area, but from what I have read La Cresent, MN is a better bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:43 PM

328 posts, read 655,077 times
I'd recommend staying in the state you're working in....just for tax reasons. Since they are so close to each other, and La Crosse....I vote Onalaska....

Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 PM

361 posts, read 862,064 times
LaCrescent and Onalaska are probably close for home prices but the same home probably has much lower taxes in LaCrescent. As far as I know MN & WI worked out the income tax issue for this budget or year but you should look into the tax difference if the agreements go away between the two states.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Stone1,

Which real estate company would you recommend for the LaCrosse area? We have seen a few homes in Medary that we rally like. How are the roads in and out of there in the Winter? Thanks for you help.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM

361 posts, read 862,064 times
For realtors I think you are safe with most any, we have used Gerrard Hoeschler the most and really liked the lady we know there she always went the extra mile for us. Castle Realty is also a newer one and may be worth looking at.

The roads can be a little icy in Medary as the plow driver must not drop the blade all the way. Having said that there is usually no trouble getting around during regular work hours. The school buses run on all the Medary roads so they are usual plowed once well before 7am.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Thanks for all your help Stone1.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM

5 posts, read 9,985 times
CutlerMan,
Have you moved to La Crosse area yet? Just wondering how everything is going and how you like the area so far?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM

No we are coming back in May for a house hunting visit. We will official move in July. Can't wait to get there. We are just now starting our search for a home. We would like to find on in the La Crescent area, but we want to rent first. We would like to rent/lease for the first 6 month, and have an option to buy. We found a couple houses in the Red Apple area that we really like. The one I like has been on the market going on 2 years.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM

24 posts, read 61,568 times
You will love La Crescent, we have been here for four years. Schools are great, wonderful community. Good luck with the house hunting, the rental market in La Crescent is so tight and you'll find that many only post yard signs and don't advertise, May is a good time though as many are moving before the new school year. We had luck using an agent through a real esate company. Best of Luck

Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM

Thanks, hopefully we can find a owner/bank that is willing to do a lease/purchse for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin