Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM

14 posts, read 45,600 times

Advertisements

My husband has the possibility to relocate his job to the Racine area in a few months. From what I hear, the schools are terrible. I have a daughter in second grade and a son who will be 5 in December. He is currently in his second year of preschool.

We can be anywhere 15 miles or so from the West Side of Racine (Washington Street). Does anyone have any good suggestions? We are willing to spend around $375-400K for a house but want the schools and neighborhood to be safe.

Would it be better to go back to Kenosha or anywhere north of Racine? Or, would it be better to be in Illinois (Antioch area).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM

438 posts, read 1,731,323 times
You've heard right about the schools. I also have a daughter in second grade. We don't send her to Racine public schools. She attends school in Oak Creek at a parochial school. Seems Racine likes to through money at the schools instead of really looking at what the issues are. Can't blame their poor state on money per student.

Schools in Oak Creek and South Milwaukee are pretty good. I live in Village of Caledonia in Racine and love the area. We're in a rural area and the few neighbors we have are WONDERFUL. Are you looking for urban or rural living? I commute to downtown Milwaukee (which is only 25 min drive). I'm only about 20 min from downtown Racine.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Well, my husband did get the job. He will have offices in Racine, Kenosha, and Lake Geneva. We were thinking of Burlington but again, it's hard to find out info on the schools.

Thanks for your help, I appreaciate it!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 15,977 times
Since you have offices have you considered the Pleasant prairie area?
Nice area, great school area. (KUSD Jeffery, Prairie Lane, Lance, Tremper)
Check it out....

Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM

Our realtor is now pointing us towards that area. I have read some good things about the schools there so it is certainly in the top areas to look at.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM

5 posts, read 22,630 times
We recently moved to Pleasant Prairie from the East Coast with two school aged children. I am finding the schools here (we are in the Whittier neighborhood) to be very nice and my kids have made a smooth transition academically. The only problem I have is that the schools seem to be bursting at the seams.....but KUSD has many options as far as charter schools and there are some faith-based schools as well if you choose to go that route. Good luck with your move, it is a great time to find an affordable home in this area.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,199 times
You could move towards Kenosha or Sturtevant where the schools and neighborhoods are better

Old 12-04-2007, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,199 times
If you need help, I relocated to the area 10 years ago with no knowledge and had some wonderful people help me. I found a great school and my children loved it. We have now moved closer to the lake but Pleasant Prairie has better taxes, schools and amenities..

Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 PM

7 posts, read 18,795 times
Go to greatschools.net and they can tell you about the school in the area you are thinking of moving to

Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 7,351 times
Default Try Oak Creek

Move to Oak Creek, good schools and in your housing price range and probably in the mileage requirement. Then you will not have Racine Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin