Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 AM

17 posts, read 102,728 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody!!! So, less than two weeks from today, my husband and I hit the road and move to Green Bay!! I am so excited, and thank everyone for their help and ideas on this forum over the past couple months. Just a couple more questions....

I was wondering if anyone knows/has a recommendation for a gym/health club in the area? I will be living in Allouez and would like something close enough that I could ride my bike to. Just want to find something clean, semi affordable with a good atmosphere. I've done a bit of research but could only find a website for the YMCA.

Ok, number two, any recommendations for a good breakfast joint? How about coffee shop?

Lastly, my husband and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary very shortly after we move in. Any ideas for a must try restaurant for such an occasion?

Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 PM
lem

75 posts, read 354,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1205 View Post
Hey everybody!!! So, less than two weeks from today, my husband and I hit the road and move to Green Bay!! I am so excited, and thank everyone for their help and ideas on this forum over the past couple months. Just a couple more questions....

I was wondering if anyone knows/has a recommendation for a gym/health club in the area? I will be living in Allouez and would like something close enough that I could ride my bike to. Just want to find something clean, semi affordable with a good atmosphere. I've done a bit of research but could only find a website for the YMCA.

Ok, number two, any recommendations for a good breakfast joint? How about coffee shop?

Lastly, my husband and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary very shortly after we move in. Any ideas for a must try restaurant for such an occasion?

Thanks again everyone!

The health club and riding a bike to them is a tough question because the only health clubs I know of are on the west side on Hansen rd.

www.fitnessamericagb.com (broken link)

actually here you go.

http://greenbay.citysearch.com/searc...s=200&cats=374

that is the health clubs for gb and appleton.

IMO the rideable place would be the broadview YMCA actually in allouez.

Number 2, honestly you can find nice affordable breakfast places all over the city, I recommend Nicolet Family Resturant in West Depere. A stable for coffee shops in GB is Cafe Expresso downtown on Washington St.

The anniversary dinner is simple eigther the Black and Tan in West DePere or Hinterland(who has been highlighted on a Travel channel series for amazing food) If you like Sushi you can try Little Tokoyo on Broadway downtown GB or KoKo's in Bellivue.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 PM

17 posts, read 102,728 times
Thanks Lem for the awesome information! Once again, your expertise has helped immensely!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
lem

75 posts, read 354,582 times
Quote:
Thanks Lem for the awesome information! Once again, your expertise has helped immensely!

I also wouldn't do justice for anyone without suggesting Angelina's AUTHENTIC Italian in downtown GB.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,319 times
I will be moving to Green Bay in a few weeks. I enjoyed the info posted regarding restaurants. Any suggestions for good thai or chinese restaurants?

Also looking for suggestions on community centers with nice indoor pools.

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:38 PM

393 posts, read 891,692 times
Quote:

Thanks again everyone!
My idea for the restaurant is to bring an umbrella so you don't get hit by any seagull sh*t.

They are EVERYWHERE up there and they can't get rid of them because they are a protected species. There are thousands on every building. Your children might be amazed at the bright white roads but don't tell them what it is.

And you might be a target of gang violence if you don't like the Packers.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:41 PM

393 posts, read 891,692 times
On your way there stop at Schriner's by Fond du Lac. Great breakfasts.

Also, I would say that WI is very much like Colorado, minus mountains, plus farms. We have as many Noodles locations as they do in Colorado, so definitely eat there!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 AM

51 posts, read 161,408 times
If your going to live in Allouez, and want to bike to your fitness center, the Broadview Y would be your best choice in my opinion. It is an older facility and by no means fancy, but they have everything you could want including pool, yoga, cadio equip, weights, etc. If you join the Y, you have access to all the Ys in town and some of them are quite state of the art. I live close to the eastside Y and it still has that brand new feeling.

There is a cute locally owned coffee shop in De Pere called Luna Cafe.

For a special dinner out, I like Hinterland. It is a very cool old building downtown and a great ambience. The food is pricey but delicious. They also have an excellent wine list and make their own beer! We also enjoy Big Tomatoes on Main Street. Koko's for sushi. A yummy lunch place near Allouez (in East De Pere) is Alpha Delights. They change the menu daily and have great soups, salads, and the best pastry shop!

Hope you love your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin