Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:22 AM

30,468 posts, read 23,929,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
...I'll detoxify myself by watching Office Space a few times. The Controller at that place was a female version of Lumbergh.

Office Space TPS Reports - YouTube
Why do you think that movie was such a hit? Because SO MANY can relate. We laugh because we know just what the main character is going through: Nothing but misery and b.s.

For me it was the "case of the Mondays" lady. HOLY Cow did that hit home at the time. I had someone in my office who was just like that and it was the most annoying crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,351,048 times
I'm sure you'll find such annoying personalities in any large group of people.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,268,417 times
Quote:
I really wouldn't care what any of those people thought of me. Since they made fun of other introverts who kept their heads down and worked as I did, I'd imagine they talked all kinds of s**t behind my back. I didn't partake in the backstabbing, brown nosing or fakeness. Low key is the word to describe me. Some people love to be the centre of attention and are too competitive.
Pot, meet kettle.

"had one of the most annoying laughs"
"most annoying squeaky voice"
"She was very mousy looking and sounding"
"even though her blabbery voice"
"dull"

Old 05-27-2012, 10:48 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,418,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

"had one of the most annoying laughs"
"most annoying squeaky voice"
"She was very mousy looking and sounding"
"even though her blabbery voice"
"dull"
Obviously you're just trying to be argumentative. Otherwise, why would you care about a bunch of people who you don't even know and didn't work with? I was just making light of a bad experience. It obviously offended you for some unknown reason, perhaps because you fit one of the character descriptions?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,418,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why do you think that movie was such a hit? Because SO MANY can relate. We laugh because we know just what the main character is going through: Nothing but misery and b.s.

For me it was the "case of the Mondays" lady. HOLY Cow did that hit home at the time. I had someone in my office who was just like that and it was the most annoying crap.
It was a great film. I always recommend anyone who worked (or has worked) in a corporate type office to watch it. The characters are instantly identifiable with at least one person you work / have worked with in the past. Sometimes you've gotta just laugh at the insanity of it all, as many corporate people in particular take themselves way too seriously.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,536,633 times
Quote:
It was a great film. I always recommend anyone who worked (or has worked) in a corporate type office to watch it. The characters are instantly identifiable with at least one person you work / have worked with in the past. Sometimes you've gotta just laugh at the insanity of it all, as many corporate people in particular take themselves way too seriously.
Yeah, I love that film. Best anti-corporate film since "9 to 5" with Jane Fonda - that's still my all-time fave anti-corporate film ever made. Highly recommended if you've yet to see it.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:15 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,268,417 times
Quote:
Obviously you're just trying to be argumentative. Otherwise, why would you care about a bunch of people who you don't even know and didn't work with? I was just making light of a bad experience. It obviously offended you for some unknown reason, perhaps because you fit one of the character descriptions?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I just enjoy pointing out hypocrisy.

Same to you. Enjoy memorial weekend.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,145,578 times
Another trait of corporate employees is there always trying present themselves as being smarter than they actually are - your sitting talking to some BS artist or bluffer - your instincts tell you they struggle to use some of the software on their laptop, but will spend their time reading background info, and trying to present that they know what their talking about- when its usually just talking verbatim what they had read somewhere.

Example - I had a broken heater once, and had their 3 corporate engineers types with me(the types that spend most of their day at desks). I listened them speculating about it, coming out with all sort of techy jargon laden stuff I struggled to understand, its the internal wiring loose, its the heating elements broken, its the switch broken, looking at the design diagrams - why not try replacing this etc - Non of them would actually admit they just were not sure and just speculating - and that's what I found so annoying about them

In the end I got an electrican out, took him 5 mins, it was simply a fuse in the fixed plug which needed replaced - I enjoyed telling them an electrican fixed it in 5 mins.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,864,888 times
I hear you on that, mikeyking. Something I've noticed is a lot of these people like to throw around big words just to impress each other. You know they don't talk like that at home. If you speak plainly to get your point across, or you speak at a slower pace, you are perceived as less intelligent and you will get a smirk. I'm not saying that ghetto-speak is acceptable, but the inflated language thing comes across as being smug.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,914,643 times
As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, one will find annoying/uptight/lame people in any large group. I have worked with some really cool, laid-back people in corporate America. I would propose that there aren't that many cool, laid-back people in the general population; therefore, why would one expect them to be the majority in a corporate setting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment