Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If contentment equals success, then I'm more successful than someone constantly striving for the brass ring.
Reading all your posts on various subjects and threads over time, contentment isn't the trait that comes to mind frankly. You believe that only people that do "physical" work are "really working", you don't believe in taking mandated breaks or even paid vacations that you've earned, and that somehow people that do are cheating their employer in some way.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep pushing your beliefs onto others on so MANY topics if you're so "content".

Sorry, but it doesn't ring true at all.

If you're happy with menial labour then so be it, but that's not everyone. Some are striving for a better life than you are "content" with. That's THEIR choice.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
No, in fact, I don't see any reason to go more than five miles from your place of birth. I'm completely opposed to travel, or to people coming here, invading MY area, from other places.

Invaders should be shot. ("If it's snowbird season, why can't we shoot them?")
If I remember correctly, you were born in either Illinois or Wisconsin and posted about visiting relatives there over the summer. So that means you went a lot further than 5 miles from your birthplace, and you traveled recently. You were also in the military, which means you almost definitely traveled then.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Reading all your posts on various subjects and threads over time, contentment isn't the trait that comes to mind frankly. You believe that only people that do "physical" work are "really working", you don't believe in taking mandated breaks or even paid vacations that you've earned, and that somehow people that do are cheating their employer in some way.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep pushing your beliefs onto others on so MANY topics if you're so "content".

Sorry, but it doesn't ring true at all.

If you're happy with menial labour then so be it, but that's not everyone. Some are striving for a better life than you are "content" with. That's THEIR choice.
And I'm perfectly content with it. I'm not out looking for "more". Whether it be at work or in my personal life. That's the meaning of contentment, you know, when you're satisfied with where and who you are.

Other people can do whatever they want--it doesn't affect me any.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM

164 posts, read 440,851 times
Quote:
I do taxes during the season. I don't consider it "taxing" to say the least. Mental activities are too simple for someone of my IQ. So the only REAL work is physical work.
HAHA!! That's priceless.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:42 PM

^However, it's apparently too difficult to understand for my clients with their room temperature IQs.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:00 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
And I'm perfectly content with it. I'm not out looking for "more". Whether it be at work or in my personal life. That's the meaning of contentment, you know, when you're satisfied with where and who you are.

Then to reiterate MY post -

Quote:

Old 11-28-2010, 01:32 PM

580 posts, read 2,293,123 times
Quote:
If contentment equals success, then I'm more successful than someone constantly striving for the brass ring.
There are homeless people that live under a bridge that are content but I wouldn't say they're successful. But according to your definition, they are.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
I've already noted about seven places looking to hire people in my area. I wouldn't have any trouble getting one of those jobs.
You would be far from the only one applying for those 7 jobs .... As I stated, times are different and the competition is fierce.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:

I'm glad you are content with your life TKramar but I am really curious about your motivation in constantly posting on these forums if you really don't really care what other people do. True contented folks don't feel the need to constantly boast about themselves and belittle others for not following along.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Then to reiterate MY post -
And to respond again directly. I do not care what YOU do. I have no control nor desire to control what you do. I'm only concerned about MY life, and I am quite satisfied with it.

Seems like other people here aren't particularly satisfied with the status of their lives though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment