Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, he actually does believe you can "think yourself well!" I told him to explain that to my 34 year-old friend, who's battling advanced ovarian cancer right now... she is the most positive person ever, so if she can't "will it away" nobody can. We're talking about a woman who was orphaned by 30, and used her family's poor health history as motivation to LIVE - she traveled the world for two years (immediately following her mother's death), and was diagnosed with cancer shortly after returning. And how about my sister's friend, whose THREE year-old daughter has been fighting leukemia since age one? I'm sure this baby's negative attitude is what made her sick, huh? Nobody can wish cancer away, as nice as that would be.
She's accepted the death sentence the doctors gave her, because for some reason she believes them more than she does herself. That's her failing.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:09 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
She's accepted the death sentence the doctors gave her, because for some reason she believes them more than she does herself. That's her failing.
That is seriously out of line, and you owe them an apology. You are now officially going on ignore... have a nice life, and good luck with that "positive thinking" if you become gravely ill.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Your health is more up to you than it is any doctor. If you want to accept what they have to tell you, then you've made your mental choice on the matter.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwantalife View Post
I really cannot stand people in their 70s who have NO IDEA what this recession is like for those of us out of work and without 'aid' of any kind. My aunt and uncle who are both in their early 70s tell me I am just lazy and need to put on my suit and start knocking on doors like THEY DID in 1960 and I will get a job.

They raise a family on one income. Times are tough and I am trying like **** to find a job. Meanwhile they tut-tut and say to me get myself down to McDonalds or do ANYTHING to earn money.

Can anyone else relate?
Some people need to hate because it makes them feel better and superior. They’re no better than anybody else, just another class of sad loser. I don’t give a rat’s hind quarters what these lovers think as they have defined themselves for the worse by their particular brand of hatred. Someday they will find themselves in the very boat they so despise and you can rest assured that they will be singing a different tune. Until that day, cheers.

Last edited by JobZombie; 11-29-2010 at 04:45 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,656 times
Quote:
Are you even a real person? You can't be serious.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
If TKramar finds it entertaining to use his mind, he should get a job where he uses his mind. That way, he would get paid to do something he finds entertaining.

He tells other people that manual labor is not beneath them. But he seems to think it's beneath him to get a job using his mind since he thinks he's too smart for those jobs.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That is seriously out of line, and you owe them an apology. You are now officially going on ignore... have a nice life, and good luck with that "positive thinking" if you become gravely ill.
I used the old on TK months ago Got sick of the trollish behavior...and adding nothing of value.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If TKramar finds it entertaining to use his mind, he should get a job where he uses his mind. That way, he would get paid to do something he finds entertaining.
Exactly... that's what I tried to tell him, but his thick skull could not compute.

Quote:
He tells other people that manual labor is not beneath them. But he seems to think it's beneath him to get a job using his mind since he thinks he's too smart for those jobs.
Good point! He asked "what makes you so special" to not look for minimum wage jobs, so what makes HIM so special to not take an intellectually challenging job? Hypocrisy much?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I used the old on TK months ago Got sick of the trollish behavior...and adding nothing of value.
Yeah, I should have done it a long time ago... but I found some of his crazy perspectives amusing. He crossed the line with the earlier comment, though, suggesting my friend & a THREE YEAR-OLD little girl were to blame for their cancer. That is beyond heartless and cruel, and I don't tolerate mean people like that.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,527,896 times
Quote:
Your health is more up to you than it is any doctor. If you want to accept what they have to tell you, then you've made your mental choice on the matter.

genetics!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment