Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBark View Post
I have the same problem only I am now 49 yrs old. I have had over 70 jobs. I just got fired again a few days ago, and started filling out applications a couple days ago. But after reading them, I wouldn't hire myself, seeing fired, fired, fired, quit, fired, and so on. I think I am unemployable, but what do I do about it? I am so discouraged, I don't even want to try again. I am tired of being rejected, but I need money to survive.
How do you keep getting new jobs after getting fired? Are you honest about it with the interviewer or do you create a made up story to tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM

300 posts, read 1,136,516 times
I was wondering the same thing. It's probably not the job but the person themselves that is causing it. What kind of jobs are they? I thought my situation was bad I guess there are people who are even worse.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 PM

6 posts, read 10,548 times
There must be something wrong with you....Try to discuss it with your friends or parents.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM

254 posts, read 597,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
OK, I'm a 22 year old male and Ive held a job ever since I was 16, but Ive pretty much been fired or forced to quit from every job I've ever had, with the exception of 1. Ive seriously held like 30+ jobs, some for as little as a day to a week.

And although it might sound strange, I'm not sure why I keep getting put in this position over and over.I'm virtually never late, I never call out, I've never called in sick, I never argue with managers or costumers. I am completely respectful to all my co workers.

But I keep getting fired or laid off or forced to quit at every job either because I'm too much of a perfectionist or because people end up not liking me. An Example: I work for a cleaning company, the cleaning company tells us to half as everything, but I spend extra time cleaning so I can make sure the place I'm cleaning looks good, so I get fired for being slow. Another Example: I worked as a cashier for Target, Target requires their cashiers to sell a certain number of credit cards to costumers or lose hours, I ended up with 5 hours a week and ended up quiting(none of my managers objected, or tried to stop me.

I worked at a resturaunt, and all the people there were mean and agressive, borderline bi polar it seemed. They all hated me because I wasn't "manly" enough and just started making my life their a living hell till I quit. I don't know what it is, I just keep getting fired, and I'm not absolving myself of any responsibility, if I got fired and it was my fault, I would admit to it. But I havent done anything to get fired. Just today I got fired from my job at a plastic factory because I packaged some plastic lids wrong, but I was following the directions that were given to me by my supervisor and did it the way he told me to, and then they told me I put to much lids and told me to never come back.

LOL, I seriously dont understand what I'm doing wrong? Is it maybe because I keep to myself at jobs and dont really involve myself much in the social aspects of my co-workers?

Sorry for your pain, but you are so young. You will find a job eventually that you like and are good at.
For the Target job, I have never heard of a cashier that had to sell a number of credit cards, and lose hours if they don't see enough. Sounds like crap to me. Was this part of the job offer agreement to be a salesman? What kind of credit cards? I have been to Target and this must be something new.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:09 PM

486 posts, read 1,255,482 times
Quote:
I have the same problem only I am now 49 yrs old. I have had over 70 jobs. I just got fired again a few days ago, and started filling out applications a couple days ago. But after reading them, I wouldn't hire myself, seeing fired, fired, fired, quit, fired, and so on. I think I am unemployable, but what do I do about it? I am so discouraged, I don't even want to try again. I am tired of being rejected, but I need money to survive.
You weren't unemployable 69 times, so why would you be on the 71st time?

Old 06-05-2013, 01:51 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times
Quote:
You should become a job search and interview consultant. Obviously you know how to get the job.... I suppose those were all retail jobs?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:12 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
Military military military. You can't get fired and they will give you the help you need. Do it now while you're still young.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:21 PM

1,248 posts, read 4,056,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Military military military. You can't get fired and they will give you the help you need. Do it now while you're still young.
Not everyone is cut out physically for the military. Of course if you can afford it you can always do cycles of steroids and amphetamines since that is easier to get out of your system than pot
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1901 View Post
I don't think you would get fired from the USMC. You would learn alot about yourself and teamwork or die trying.
Not a bad idea but the military is downsizing with the ending of the wars. My Dad was/is a Marine, and after learning about Army vs Marine I would go Army. You pass the test and you are "guaranteed" you requested post not so in any other branch. If it were me I would go for IT and cybersecurity in the Army.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:22 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Not a bad idea but the military is downsizing with the ending of the wars. My Dad was/is a Marine, and after learning about Army vs Marine I would go Army. You pass the test and you are "guaranteed" you requested post not so in any other branch. If it were me I would go for IT and cybersecurity in the Army.
At this dude's point, he needs to take an asvab, and get any MOS they will hand him in the army. Unless you're physically disabled, or extremely overweight, anyone is cut out for the military. You think you can't do it, and the first week of bmt it feels like you might die, but you'll get through it eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment