Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Did he actually use the word "interview" when he called? It's possible he would like to talk to you to keep you in mind for future openings that may or may not ever happen but he's got no openings now. If that's the case, he's not going to be in any rush to set anything up.
his exact words were

"call me Monday afternoon so we can set up a interview for this week"

Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,481,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Didn't I say he responded back after he received my email asking me to call to set up a INTERVIEW??? So what are you talking about?
You've missed the point, as you tend to often do in your own threads.
If your speech comes off as incompetent and ignorant as you write on CD, no one with a right mind would consider hiring you.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
his exact words were

"call me Monday afternoon so we can set up a interview for this week"
If he were really interested he would have called you. I'm guessing he doesn't have any openings and was just trying to be polite, or maybe wanted to see if you were someone he'd like to keep in mind for the future. Either way, if he were that interested he would have called you.

While I wouldn't write it off entirely, I wouldn't count on anything happening with that one in the foreseeable future.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,817 times
Let me see if I can assist TV&SG . . .

1. an interview
2. an email
3. an incompetent

Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
You've missed the point, as you tend to often do in your own threads.
If your speech comes off as incompetent and ignorant as you write on CD, no one with a right mind would consider hiring you.
One more nasty remark and you will be reported for rudeness.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If he were really interested he would have called you. I'm guessing he doesn't have any openings and was just trying to be polite, or maybe wanted to see if you were someone he'd like to keep in mind for the future. Either way, if he were that interested he would have called you.

While I wouldn't write it off entirely, I wouldn't count on anything happening with that one in the foreseeable future.
And all that can be true which is fine I'm just confused as to why we never touched base on the phone when he told me to call him. And another reason I sent a email because that company doesn't advertise job openings so that's why I found him and sent a email.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM

878 posts, read 1,653,647 times
Quote:
Actually march I will get a financial BOOST because of the unemployment checks were scheduled. I got a check on 3/7 and another one on 3/21 and I don't have to pay rent out of either check because the first check I get in April is before the 5th

So my savings will increase since I get to keep BOTH CHECKS and do whatever i want. Lucky me. Now that won't be the case in April and it will be back to normal
Living the lazy dream eh? Those UI checks are so great in PA I see.

I'm glad I don't have to budget like that anymore. I can take a weekly check ($1000-$1300 depending on OT) and do in one week what I could do in a month of Georgia unemployment checks ($330 x 4 = $1320).

I had to get a job because for me unemployment blew chunks... but grats nonetheless. Let us know the week prior to your last UI check hitting the bank how it's going... can't wait.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
Living the lazy dream eh? Those UI checks are so great in PA I see.

I'm glad I don't have to budget like that anymore. I can take a weekly check ($1000-$1300 depending on OT) and do in one week what I could do in a month of Georgia unemployment checks ($330 x 4 = $1320).

I had to get a job though because for me unemployment blew chunks... but grats nonetheless. Let us know the week prior to your last UI check hitting the bank... can't wait.
If I can't find a job by Feb March 2013 then I would deserve to be homeless and unemployed. And the fact that employers are calling me everyday leads me to believe that is not possible

Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Did anyone notice the OP is planning on his future months ui check dates (April rent vs check date)? But March was supposed to be that "lucky employment" month.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,481,746 times
Quote:
If I can't find a job by Feb March 2013 then I would deserve to be homeless and unemployed. And the fact that employers are calling me everyday leads me to believe that is not possible
If no jobs come out of these daily calls, that makes the calls irrelevant. And you'll come back with some remark about how the constant calls mean your resume is great, however the lack of a job offer means something else isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment