Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is trolling? Seriously, I've read a few of his threads and they are just too insane for me to think they are real . . .
Unfortunately I don't think he's a troll.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
Yeah, I agree. Why the HELL waste your time seeing if someone may call you from another area when you are living somewhere and STUCK into a lease?

Wow, the guy in CA wants me, but does me no good in PA..

But hey, he WANTS me so I am a-okay.

Good luck. Back to lurking in your threads.
Because I'm putting the resume to test and seeing if the position is open. That's why

Old 03-14-2012, 12:48 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think it's important not to take it too seriously because you may end up doing back strokes in your nearest river. So you have to find humor in the job search process or you will be depressed or go crazy. lol
The problem is, though, that you can't be taken seriously even when you think you're being serious. There is next to no logic in anything you say and, frankly, I have a very difficult time understanding how you even manage to get your socks on in the morning - or even if you do.

Quote:
Let me explain it to you again ...
Understand the silliness now bobby??
The only silliness is your assumption that it wasn't understood the first or second time around. What you say is understandable for the most part. Understanding what if any logic is there is the baffling part. You can repeat until the cows come home but the underlying problem remains where the listener/reader is concerned.

Quote:
Follow me....."I pretended to be interested in the job so I could see if the job was real since it was in my field and not in my area" So the fact that the guy called twice in the past 2 days it lets me know it was a real opening and that I don't need to make any changes to my resume.

I tend to fake apply to jobs that are not in my area to test the market. You know the same thing employers do when they want to test the market and gather lots of resumes and not call anyone back.
Again, this silliness makes no sense at all. There is no logic there. How many years is it now that you've been posting? Nothing has ever sunk in and nothing ever will. The same old just keeps getting churned out year after year after year and the same dumb strategies fail to accomplish anything every time you're unemployed. What a joke.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The problem is, though, that you can't be taken seriously even when you think you're being serious. There is next to no logic in anything you say and, frankly, I have a very difficult time understanding how you even manage to get your socks on in the morning - or even if you do.

The only silliness is your assumption that it wasn't understood the first or second time around. What you say is understandable for the most part. Understanding what if any logic is there is the baffling part. You can repeat until the cows come home but the underlying problem remains where the listener/reader is concerned.

Again, this silliness makes no sense at all. There is no logic there. How many years is it now that you've been posting? Nothing has ever sunk in and nothing ever will. The same old just keeps getting churned out year after year after year and the same dumb strategies fail to accomplish anything every time you're unemployed. What a joke.

Well stop opening my threads if you don't like them

Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Well stop opening my threads if you don't like them
What's not to like if you look at it logically. You're a wonderful reminder of, "there but for the grace of the Gods go I" to so many who are so thankful not to go through life in your sorry shoes. Almost 30 posts already today since you managed to crawl out of bed. Just another busy day working towards the end of unemployment ...

Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
What's not to like if you look at it logically. You're a wonderful reminder of, "there but for the grace of the Gods go I" to so many who are so thankful not to go through life in your sorry shoes. Almost 30 posts already today since you managed to crawl out of bed. Just another busy day working towards the end of unemployment ...

I'm in bed now talking to you

Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I'm in bed now talking to you
Yes, I can see how exhausting it must be getting up at noon and then posting on CD for two hours. Poor baby.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
STT Resident, The bright side of the OP is the affect the millions like him have in improving the chances of those truly seeking to work. He is the poster child of why most resumes submitted for a position end up in the circular file. That improves the odds for those that merit serious consideration. Hopefully, some day he'll wake up, realize the employer has what he seeks, while they have dozens of hundreds or options, and he'll get past his highlight of the week being a email followed by nothing, or in a good week, a speed interview.

Last edited by bobtn; 03-14-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 02:23 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Quote:
Because I'm putting the resume to test and seeing if the position is open. That's why

Stuart Smalley's famous quote - YouTube

Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM

878 posts, read 1,653,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is trolling? Seriously, I've read a few of his threads and they are just too insane for me to think they are real . . .
That was my point with my reply back on page 1 of this thread... if there is one thing I have learned in the last couple months on City Data it is that TVSG is by far the biggest troll around. The guy doesn't want to work... he wants a free ride on unemployment and it's nothing but continuous excuses and self-imposed delays when it comes to looking for a job.

Read the other thread I linked on page 1 for even more laughs... this guy goes great with coffee.

Quote:
Yep... sleeps till noon then trolls these forums for hours. It's too bad he doesn't put the same effort into finding a job as he does in trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
STT Resident, The bright side of the OP is the affect the millions like him have in improving the chances of those truly seeking to work. He is the poster child of why most resumes submitted for a position end up in the circular file. That improves the odds for those that merit serious consideration. Hopefully, some day he'll wake up, realize the employer has what he seeks, while they have dozens of hundreds or options, and he'll get past his highlight of the week being a email followed by nothing, or in a good week, a speed interview.
Well said Bob.

Last edited by TRC2k11; 03-14-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment