Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
News Flash: An employed manager is busy. That is why he uses someone who reports to him as a go between. If that hurts your ego, so be it, but they have the position, and there are tons of potential candidates, so they will be whole either way in regards to filling the position.
Well the idiot should have said all of that in the email instead of making me think I was going to be talking to him directly. I don't have time for silliness.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,997,381 times
TVSG, No time for silliness? Get real. Those who have no time start their day hours before 9:55.
The reality check is time costs you nothing. You will get the same $8.50/hr ui anyway; its not as if you are giving up paid time at a job to call someone a few extra times.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
TVSG, No time for silliness? Get real. Those who have no time start their day hours before 9:55.
The reality check is time costs you nothing. You will get the same $8.50/hr ui anyway; its not as if you are giving up paid time at a job to call someone a few extra times.
Let me explain it to you again, I go from waking up on Monday morning and seeing a email from the guy I emailed last friday and tells me to call him to set up a interview this week. That was at 10am on Monday

Fast forward two days.....1:40pm on Wednesday

1. When I called he was in a meeting on Monday
2. Didn't return my call on Tuesday
3. When I wake up on Tuesday and call back the receptionist is transferring me to someone besides him when I didn't even talk to him yet
4. The lady I was transferred to was not in the office and I decided not to leave a message and call back
5. I call back asked to be transferred to the lady and was told she was out for the day and then I leave a message on her voicemail and haven't talked to her yet either

So now I'm waiting on her to call back to talk about......"I DON"T KNOW" because I don't know what she does at the company

So I go from thinking I would have a interview today on Monday morning to sitting in my drawls on wednesday afternoon waiting on a phone call from a woman who the guy transferred me to with ever talking to me and explaining why I would be talking to her.

Understand the silliness now bobby??

Old 03-14-2012, 11:51 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,113,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well the idiot should have said all of that in the email instead of making me think I was going to be talking to him directly. I don't have time for silliness.
I'm guessing he feels the same way about you.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,997,381 times
Sitting in your drawls, TVSG, so no different than any other day. Its not as if the last few months have been chock full of opportunity for you. The sane ones would chase down anyone who gave them even a glimmer of hope.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Sitting in your drawls, TVSG, so no different than any other day. Its not as if the last few months have been chock full of opportunity for you. The sane ones would chase down anyone who gave them even a glimmer of hope.
Well it's not my style to chase down anyone bobby because it's a thin line between AGGRESSIVE and DESPERATE.

And i know what you mean about chasing someone down because this employer has called me twice in the past 2 days and I have yet to return his call-lol It was a fake apply to a out of state job just to test to see if the job was real and now that I see that it was it lets me know I still have appeal as a job candidate when my resume is viewed for the first time.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:01 PM

841 posts, read 1,919,283 times
Didn't you just sign a lease? Why would you even bother applying out of state when you made the mistake of signing a lease and locking yourself into another year in your town?

You need to focus on jobs in your own town.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
Didn't you just sign a lease? Why would you even bother applying out of state when you made the mistake of signing a lease and locking yourself into another year in your town?

You need to focus on jobs in your own town.
Follow me....."I pretended to be interested in the job so I could see if the job was real since it was in my field and not in my area" So the fact that the guy called twice in the past 2 days it lets me know it was a real opening and that I don't need to make any changes to my resume.

I tend to fake apply to jobs that are not in my area to test the market. You know the same thing employers do when they want to test the market and gather lots of resumes and not call anyone back.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 PM

819 posts, read 3,211,349 times
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is trolling? Seriously, I've read a few of his threads and they are just too insane for me to think they are real . . .

Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM

841 posts, read 1,919,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is trolling? Seriously, I've read a few of his threads and they are just too insane for me to think they are real . . .
Yeah, I agree. Why the HELL waste your time seeing if someone may call you from another area when you are living somewhere and STUCK into a lease?

Wow, the guy in CA wants me, but does me no good in PA..

But hey, he WANTS me so I am a-okay.

Good luck. Back to lurking in your threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment