Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:53 PM

771 posts, read 1,399,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgandjsmom View Post
OR they are telling you that you and the other guy both want more money than they are willing to pay, so sit tight and get worried over it and be willing to take less when we finally get around to contacting you....

We are sitting in the same place right now.
I see your point, but I am not sure I fully agree. They have been keeping in constant communication with me, making sure I am okay, telling me I am the lead candidate and now this email today.

It wouldn't surprise me if I get paid less than I had asked, but I think I am in a much better place than last week. I mean they gave me the head HR person's name and told me that he was going to call me this week before Friday. That he would call me once the salary gets approved (which can mean offer or negotiation time) I am pretty sure they are not going to call me to tell me I didn't get it. I know nothing is set in stone, but I do believe I am closer to getting the position than I was a week ago. So I disagree, don't think I am in the same place as before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 02:57 PM

224 posts, read 546,781 times
Well, I am glad you are holding out hope. I really didn't mean to just jump on the Debbie Downer bandwagon, but after the last month of learning more about how these things work, I think a healthy dose of pessimism is warranted...

Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgandjsmom View Post
Well, I am glad you are holding out hope. I really didn't mean to just jump on the Debbie Downer bandwagon, but after the last month of learning more about how these things work, I think a healthy dose of pessimism is warranted...
Oh no, I totally hear you on that. And thanks for your input. There just seems to be a lot more signs that I will hired than not hired. Along with one of the hiring managers being married to a former supervisor of mine, knowing a language that is uncommon here for international plans, among several other things, there is a lot working in my favor and a lot of the dialouge/emails between me and all the hiring managers has been very frequent (and they initiate it not me).

Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM

I also forgot to mention that when they told me that I will be very happy with how things will play out this week, they told me before writing that that "don't want to spoil the news to you but you will be very happy....." and so on.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,788,273 times
Just be careful. I have had this happen to me more times than I can tell you and didn't get the job. Keep interviewing and sending out applications.

The job I just got they did the same thing, kept stringing me along, top candidate etc. I never wanted to take it to heart, so I kept interviewing and sending out applications. The day I got the offer I had three interviews. Never think it is in the bag until you had the letter in hand.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM

18,741 posts, read 33,462,795 times
Good advice to keep yourself on your toes and looking, but it certainly does sound positive. Best wishes.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 PM

831 posts, read 2,829,713 times
I wish you the best of luck, but I hope you're not getting your hopes up too soon.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,688,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
I also forgot to mention that when they told me that I will be very happy with how things will play out this week, they told me before writing that that "don't want to spoil the news to you but you will be very happy....." and so on.
I would proceed with other jobs as if all others haven't panned out. I along with many others have been done this road. If you are not pursuing other opportunities you are wasting valuable time.
If you get this offer fine, but like the other person said you might be getting strung along.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:17 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,688,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Any news Chikid?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM

607 posts, read 981,191 times
Never stop applying for jobs and interviewing until you signed the hr papers and have a start date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment