Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM

973 posts, read 1,455,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I'm sorry your wrong. If you send an email to a stranger you should have no expectation that your conversation remain private. Especially if you say something nasty. If you don't want your behavior in private to become public, then that's probably an indication you shouldn't be acting that way in the first place.
If you're the type to make things public, especially in a vindictive manner, don't be surprised when people don't hire you. It's not just the private sector. Do you know the RUDE emails parents have sent me filled with curse words because I couldn't accommodate something due to a rule put in place by a director/principal/board of education (i.e. my hands being tied)? Do you think I can just publish them anywhere I want? I can, but I could lose my license or not get hired for another job. I know that's a more extreme example, but if you had a business would you want to hire this young lady? Knowing she could do this to you or a client?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,113,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
And in regard to LinkedIn, I get requests to connect that I consider self-serving all the time, in fact, probably the greater percentage of LinkedIn requests are self-serving.
What is the point of a connect request that isn't self-serving? If it won't help the person sending it, why are they sending it? Do you go to work to earn a paycheck and have it deposited to YOUR checking account? That's self serving. Why don't you have it deposited to a random person's bank account each week. That would be less self serving.

I really hope there was something I missed there... otherwise it just seems like an absurdly obvious statement.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 AM

701 posts, read 1,098,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
A secure woman would have helped to encourage, build, and mentor another woman as opposed to tearing her down. I wonder if Blazek would have written this if it were a young man trying to connect with her as opposed to a young woman.
I also wonder if Blazek remembers what it's like to be in ones 20s at the beginning of a career. It seems like she has absolutely no empathy. In addition, as a recruiter, she makes a living through her written words. You'd think she'd think about them more carefully.

If I were one of Blazek's clients, I'd be wary of someone who is so unprofessional, not to mention downright cruel.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:10 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,689,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
If you're the type to make things public, especially in a vindictive manner, don't be surprised when people don't hire you. It's not just the private sector. Do you know the RUDE emails parents have sent me filled with curse words because I couldn't accommodate something due to a rule put in place by a director/principal/board of education (i.e. my hands being tied)? Do you think I can just publish them anywhere I want? I can, but I could lose my license or not get hired for another job. I know that's a more extreme example, but if you had a business would you want to hire this young lady? Knowing she could do this to you or a client?
I'm employed and happy with my job. And my employer is happy with the way I conduct myself and doesn't have to worry with me embarrassing myself in such a petty dispute..so worry about yourself. With regards to the rest of your post. Your example is not relevant. I'm sorry I don't write things to strangers(or anyone for that matter) that I would be embarrassed if they were made public, or that would do great damage to me if they were made public. If what I wrote would shame, embarrass or damage me, then I don't write it. You should do the same and this women should have done the same as well.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 AM

92 posts, read 202,663 times
I'm most surprised that she received the "Communicator of the Year Award."

Old 03-03-2014, 11:03 AM

754 posts, read 1,500,992 times
This goes to show that you must be careful as to not only what you put in writing (especially an email) but how you treat other people in a professional context; this message clearly shows Blazek lacks that professionalism, let alone common sense. In this day and age with Facebook, youtube, online forums etc written communication can easily spread very quickly and widely..where it stays indefinitely for future parties to view. The fact Blazek did not consider such a fact in today's world also said quite a bit.
We do not know exactly what words the young Mekota said or what the tone of her introduction was to Blazek, but in any case a good professional would respond (if they chose to respond) with something far more appropriate, even if Mekota had sent a very sloppy, poorly written or terse email.
While making such a communication public out of sheer vindictiveness I do not necessarily condone, Blazek was very stupid to put such a nasty communication in writing where it could easily be shared with whomever the recipient wished. It clearly shows not just a lack of professionalism but a lack of common sense and control....would you hire someone like that? Of course not.

Last edited by Austin023; 03-03-2014 at 11:40 AM..

Old 03-03-2014, 11:05 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,886,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Prof View Post
I'm most surprised that she received the "Communicator of the Year Award."
Why? She was very clear and easily understood.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:25 AM

973 posts, read 1,455,669 times
Quote:
I'm employed and happy with my job. And my employer is happy with the way I conduct myself and doesn't have to worry with me embarrassing myself in such a petty dispute..so worry about yourself. With regards to the rest of your post. Your example is not relevant. I'm sorry I don't write things to strangers(or anyone for that matter) that I would be embarrassed if they were made public, or that would do great damage to me if they were made public. If what I wrote would shame, embarrass or damage me, then I don't write it. You should do the same and this women should have done the same as well.
Have fun on your horse, because I have the feeling you think you always handle things the right way. Congratz on being perfect all the time in every situation. Having this attitude, when someone publicly airs any of your mistake, even outside of the job, you feel it would be ok. Oh wait, you never ever ever make mistakes. So, no one would see them. The compassion you have for others is amazing.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,689,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Have fun on your horse, because I have the feeling you think you always handle things the right way. Congratz on being perfect all the time in every situation. Having this attitude, when someone publicly airs any of your mistake, even outside of the job, you feel it would be ok. Oh wait, you never ever ever make mistakes. So, no one would see them. The compassion you have for others is amazing.
I don't berate people who ask for my help, in public or in private. And don't act like this lady got mad and wrote something a little snippy, that's not what it was, she wrote a long email designed to push all the right buttons to someone who is just having some trouble starting their career on the right foot. She wrote the email to make this person feel as bad as possible about their situation. Her apology was phony and she deserves everything she's got. That's not a mistake, it's nasty. That's not being on a high horse, that's not me claiming I'm prefect, that's not me being arrogant.

Last edited by jdm2008; 03-03-2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM

754 posts, read 1,500,992 times
Quote:
I don't berate people who ask for my help. If this makes me up on a high horse, well.....
it comes down to professionalism, which clearly this woman lacked. I totally agree with you. While spreading the communication all over the internet might not be an appropriate reaction in this case, Blazek is not only acting very unprofessional and offensive but is doing her employer and any clients a great disservice by projecting such an image, even if by a private email which as anyone should know by now has the potential to be shared with other parties and even become public, as occurred in this case.
Now, it would be nice if we saw the total communication starting with what Mekota had originally sent as an introduction, but in any case profoundly unprofessional, demeaning behavior is never excusable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment