Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 PM

435 posts, read 635,627 times

Advertisements

What she did was unprofessional, no question about it. But you had a clue into her character when she told you about all her personal problems. Usually, when someone is bitter about their spouse leaving them, there is another side of the story - one you won't get to hear. Her husband probably left her for a reason. She could have been impossible to live with. Its also unprofessional for her to air her dirty laundry at work & tell everyone. Her co-workers are not there to listen to her problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM

11,372 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
The temp agency said that it was a temp to perm position. I was told that after 6 months the company I was temping at would hire me
Staffing companies will lie and that's a fact. I've heard that line before. All they care about is making money. They will keeep their business afloat by any means necessary.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
How do you know it's not PTSD? Are you a therapist?
No, I'm simply an educated person. Do some reading on what is considered traumatizing events that could lead to ptsd. Sexual assault, molestation, combat, being threatened with a weapon, childhood sexual abuse, physical abuse, being physically attacked, natural disasters. Being terminated? No where near the list, sorry, and to say being terminated leads to ptsd would be suggesting it's on the same level of trauma.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:57 PM

532 posts, read 959,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Disagree. The question was around how to handle the inability to grow up, act like an adult, and move on. Whether it was work or a boyfriend - same issue for the OP, handling rejection.
Also disagree. Perhaps the OP thought she would find other posters who had been through something similar and not only sympathize but perhaps offer some tips and tricks that helped them move forward.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I think your last boss was a sociopath and there are a lot of sociopaths in American companies especially in management, supervisory or executive positions. Companies that use long term temps are typically botton tier dirtbags run by ammoral slime. Just move on and perhaps put something on glassdoor.

You really should have been actively seeking an FTE position the entire time you were temping rather than sit there and hope you will eventually be made permanent. As I stated above companies that use permatemps are abusive/deplorable places to work and less than 27% of temps even in positions labeled temp to hire are hired.

Lessons learned is when you are a temp you are there for a paycheck and your other job should be finding a real job.

Lesson two your boss is not your friend. She was looking out for herself no you and you should not confide anything to them that can come back to bite you.
Can't rep you again yet.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:34 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Staffing companies will lie and that's a fact. I've heard that line before. All they care about is making money. They will keeep their business afloat by any means necessary.
Staffing companies lie more than the government. But we all know that.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:01 AM

867 posts, read 1,588,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
Also disagree. Perhaps the OP thought she would find other posters who had been through something similar and not only sympathize but perhaps offer some tips and tricks that helped them move forward.
You hit the nail on the head. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I realize that when I write something on an open forum, anyone can reply and say what they want. I knew I would get some people that just didn't get what I was looking for and that's ok.

I can't believe that I'm the only this has happened to. I was looking for someone that might have some insight and then good suggestions on how to move past this.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 AM

11,372 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
You hit the nail on the head. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I realize that when I write something on an open forum, anyone can reply and say what they want. I knew I would get some people that just didn't get what I was looking for and that's ok.

I can't believe that I'm the only this has happened to. I was looking for someone that might have some insight and then good suggestions on how to move past this.
Did you even read my posts?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/36210290-post27.html

Quote:
Stuff like that happens to people who work for them. It happened to me once

Old 08-24-2014, 08:40 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, I'm simply an educated person. Do some reading on what is considered traumatizing events that could lead to ptsd. Sexual assault, molestation, combat, being threatened with a weapon, childhood sexual abuse, physical abuse, being physically attacked, natural disasters. Being terminated? No where near the list, sorry, and to say being terminated leads to ptsd would be suggesting it's on the same level of trauma.
You're not a certified therapist. Now amount of education overlooks that. Hopefully the OP has better sense than to listen to you.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
You're not a certified therapist. Now amount of education overlooks that.
I was one of the people suggesting the op see a therapist, so this would be flushed out during those sessions.

I may not be a certified therapist but I read and have no problem comprehending what I'm reading. You aren't interested in educating yourself, which is fine, but it makes you look foolish for chiming in with nonsense.

I would love for you to go into a room filled with veterans, rape victims, assault victims, etc., and tell them that you think being terminated could cause ptsd. They would surely do a better job of educating you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment