Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times

Advertisements

I have been employed with a company for 10 week's. Another employee started 11 week's ago. He was per diem at another location but took on full time as a position became available in my department during week of training. We also attended training together. He has been in per diem status while I have been working full time. About four week's ago was out for two week's on surgery. Week prior to his surgery was told will stay with current department and I have to be relocated to a different department due to seniority. I really don't see the fairness in this at all.

Appreciate the feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
He was probably not made full time because management knew of his upcoming surgery. He started before you. I don't see what's unfair about this, perhaps you can explain.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Life isn't fair and mind your own affairs.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 AM

Well he was contracted to work per diem at another department week prior to starting full time work where I am working now. He signed the contract to work full time work three day's after my official start date. Really seems like a unfair practice by an employer. Since I have been working and doing more hour's than the other individual. Feel decision should be off of total hour's worked then total day's hired.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Well he was contracted to work per diem at another department week prior to starting full time work where I am working now. He signed the contract to work full time work three day's after my official start date. Really seems like a unfair practice by an employer. Since I have been working and doing more hour's than the other individual. Feel decision should be off of total hour's worked then total day's hired.
Well, the company sees it differently. It isn't a matter of what is fair vs unfair, but how management views it. When you start thinking company decisions are unfair to you, it suggests a level of maturity that will eventually get you in trouble. Just accept it and do your job without watching what others are doing because that's self-defeating and unprofessional.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM

I look at it as disrespectful practice by work. I will mind my bee's and do my work. Guess bitterness comes from fact they can't keep me within the department since already been working their longer. I have a better understanding of practices and workload. Where now have to go to a new location, travel farther, take a pay cut, learn while new practice, and change from my current schedule.

Last edited by RunD1987; 01-07-2015 at 10:07 AM..

Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Disrespectful? Don't personalize it - it's business and management makes business decisions you may not like.

Did they tell either of you that once trained, you may be relocated to another cite?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I look at it as disrespectful practice by work. I will mind my bee's and do my work. Guess bitterness comes from fact they can't keep me within the department since already been working their longer. I have a better understanding of practices and workload. Where now have to go to a new location, travel farther, take a pay cut, learn while new practice, and change from my current schedule.
You just started and you're feeling bitter and disrespected? Criminy. You don't have to do anything they're asking you to, you can find a new job if you really feel strongly about this.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Disrespectful? Don't personalize it - it's business and management makes business decisions you may not like.

Did they tell either of you that once trained, you may be relocated to another cite?
Nope nothing of that. They took back someone who went from full time to per diem and needed to make room in the schedule...About four week's or so ago.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You just started and you're feeling bitter and disrespected? Criminy. You don't have to do anything they're asking you to, you can find a new job if you really feel strongly about this.
In a way do until can get another job, ha. Just had to vent. Thanks for letting me let it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment