Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:31 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,710,453 times

Advertisements

A person can decide that a McJob will be their career, if they are happy doing that.

Anyway....most of the people who post here to cut down other peoples' salaries and job titles, don't make much money themselves and are just one paycheck away from losing it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 04:44 AM

67 posts, read 50,066 times
Quote:
Keep up with the times and technologies or look for another career path. Aren't you glad you're typing posts on an online forum rather than writing on stone tablets with hammer and chisel?
pointless remark. If it didnt exist,you wouldnt want/need/know it.

you are a mental slave to it

Old 02-10-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I do agree with OP that we are very career driven as society & our standard keeps increasing. Not to say back in the days people didn't have high standards & people didn't strive for best. They did & I am sure they worked their ***** off for what they had, which might seem average to us now but it was excellence then. But very few of us are happy just living a basic life.

This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with my sister when she started college. My brother and I were trying to advise her on which major to choose & I kept saying "find something you are good at & comes easy to you, so you can thrive". We had lot of discussion about success and excellence and career..etc until she (a 18 year old soft spoken girl) said "what if I just want to be average? what if that is all I want? what's so wrong with that'. It stopped us mid-track & I had nothing to respond to her. I realize I was projecting my ambition on to her but there is a beauty in being simple & being average. There is peace and serenity that we lose when we chase
the industrial revolution made us labor slaves and we put importance on needing to go to 'jobs'.

people who dont want that arent lazy,they are actually the smarter ones with the most common sense.

whether you are a believer in God or not...it was a human idea that 5 days on,2 days off for the rest of your life was supposed to be a good idea? LOL

college degrees dont give you wisdom. A larger paycheck doesnt make you better man.

either way,women get to play stupid and do nothing while we have to pay for their lives ( just thought I'd add that lol) culture is so stupid

Old 02-10-2017, 05:04 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,773,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
[*]Talk of "Average is over" or "No tolerance for C performers." In other words, there is no longer room for Dilbert-type people in the corporate world. The pudgy guy who works in a cubicle and does an average amount of work can no longer survive. [*]You're supposed to "enjoy what you do for a living" or "live to work". There is no point in debunking this idea since it's complete nonsense. My ideal job would be a professional tennis player, but if I actually decided to pursue that career then I would make $0/year since no one would sponsor me and I couldn't any tournament prize money.[*]Needing to "keep your skills up-to-date." I imagine that if you were a union worker in an auto plant in the 1950s or a blacksmith in the year 500 A.D., you didn't have to spend your free time outside of work learning more skills to stay competitive enough to be employed. What's worse is that today "staying competitive" often means paying for overpriced degrees or certifications. [/list]
- there are plenty of average people at work and they don't get fired

- nobody loves their job. That's a high school slogan with no merit imo. That said, you shouldn't hate going in to work every day

- my job has training on the job. once you understand the job, there are only minor changes

Old 02-10-2017, 05:08 PM

901 posts, read 747,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldjackson View Post
the industrial revolution made us labor slaves and we put importance on needing to go to 'jobs'.

people who dont want that arent lazy,they are actually the smarter ones with the most common sense.

whether you are a believer in God or not...it was a human idea that 5 days on,2 days off for the rest of your life was supposed to be a good idea? LOL

college degrees dont give you wisdom. A larger paycheck doesnt make you better man.

either way,women get to play stupid and do nothing while we have to pay for their lives ( just thought I'd add that lol) culture is so stupid
LOL not much of a history buff are ya

Old 02-10-2017, 05:42 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,347,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
- there are plenty of average people at work and they don't get fired

- nobody loves their job. That's a high school slogan with no merit imo. That said, you shouldn't hate going in to work every day

- my job has training on the job. once you understand the job, there are only minor changes
this is definitely true for my work
But I work with printers desktop and laptops and the procedure and problems are the same
Little change
Sometimes we learn something new but resetting passwords is the same

Old 02-10-2017, 11:06 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
People are complaining in this forum about taking a job offer then clearly complaining they don't like it.
No one is forcing nobody to take a job
These things are discussed in the interview You know what you clearly signed up for .
Some people have to take the job because they have bills to pay and they have to eat. They don't want to end up homeless.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:18 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,347,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Some people have to take the job because they have bills to pay and they have to eat. They don't want to end up homeless.
True

I'm also sure some people want to keep their sanity too not just pay the bills

Old 02-12-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
LOL not much of a history buff are ya
ok, it started earlier,same thing. the point is jobs were never for our benefit

Old 02-12-2017, 04:10 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldjackson View Post
ok, it started earlier,same thing. the point is jobs were never for our benefit
Proving rocky's point once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment