Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 06:19 AM

199 posts, read 165,946 times

Advertisements

Where I'm at now, I'm the first one in the office, and I am put in a bad mood as soon as I hear the door open and a coworker walks in. I immediately feel my face contort into a fake smile and I utter out a fake "good morning." Then I just hope he shuts up and doesn't make too much noise.

Last edited by whateverblahblah; 01-27-2018 at 06:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 07:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
That’s sad, but probably too common. I also am the first to arrive, at 6am, and the next start at 7, but I have an office and am in a large building of 400 people, so wouldn’t notice
others arriving. For those in cubicles your problem doesn’t exist, no one makes any noise, other than the occasional sound of the printer no one would know if someone else was there.
It seems like when you have such a negative reaction to the normal social practices of greeting others you might be better suited to working at a job where you can telecommute.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:02 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Uh...no...i never felt that way toward my coworkers. What they do at work are their business. I simply stick to my own work, and at the end of the day, I go home.

I say good morning to my coworkers all the time, even when I see them after few hours due to long hours of over time on the previous day. I don't care if they talk or not at work, but if they need my assistance, I would be more than willing to help them, even if is not my job. Why? Because helping others simply mean I am helping myself as well. I learn when I help others, even when I have to figure out how to help otherss.

You should really focus on the positive side at work. The attitude you have now, is only going to hurt you at work. Maybe you don't care, but I believe you need the paycheck, so for the sake of a paycheck, be positive.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:32 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
No. That kind of attitude toward a coworker doesn't do anyone any good. I can't imagine choosing to view coworkers negatively like that.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:40 AM

199 posts, read 165,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
No. That kind of attitude toward a coworker doesn't do anyone any good. I can't imagine choosing to view coworkers negatively like that.
Read this thread:

This is why you shouldn't trust anyone at work

Old 01-27-2018, 09:44 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverblahblah View Post
What does protecting yourself and your career have to do with this? I don't trust anyone 100%. That doesn't mean everyone annoys me.

Why are you choosing to focus on the parts of coworkers that you dislike instead of the parts you like? That choice is 100% yours for any relationship, coworkers included

Last edited by Lekrii; 01-27-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Only the ones I've slept with. It's that weird feeling of not knowing whether it's going to happen again or not (even though in some cases it's happened several times!). awkward!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:53 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
Quote:
Where I'm at now, I'm the first one in the office, and I am put in a bad mood as soon as I hear the door open and a coworker walks in. I immediately feel my face contort into a fake smile and I utter out a fake "good morning." Then I just hope he shuts up and doesn't make too much noise.
If I felt that way, I'd get another job.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:27 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Maybe it's time you quit and went elsewhere to brighten other workers moods?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
So I think I take the cake here!!

I felt this way at my last job. I really liked my co-worker actually, but we were in a very small office (only 4 of us) and she got the lap band procedure done; however, she still ate the same which made her constantly throw up. And she did it in her garbage can in her office!!! I could hear her doing it!! It was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!

Anyway, my boss lived in another state and we didn't have an office supervisor. We all decided to talk to her. She didn't realize we could hear and smell it!! GROSS! I moved to another state shortly after so I was done dealing with it, but YES I cringed in the morning when she came in!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment