Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:07 AM

47 posts, read 20,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
Way back when I thought I wanted to go into law, I worked for an employment firm. Your story is very common and no, you don't have a case. I have heard of people literally having nervous breakdowns from work and they still didn't have a case. Also, attorneys cost money, a TON of money. With no guarantee you will win. My best advice is to to negotiate your severance to a few more months.
How would you do that? The only way to negotiate that would likely be through a lawyer, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

So you discriminate against Americas? Nice.

(It is called "mirroring". Look it up.)
Discrimate? Someone brough up an article showing Europeans get more PTO than in the US, that is a fact.

Similarly, in countries like Spain, Italy, France, etc people work longer hours. Office hours don’t end at 5 pm in those countries, there is no discrimination attempt here.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeReds22 View Post
Discrimate? Someone brough up an article showing Europeans get more PTO than in the US, that is a fact.
Read my post again.

Focus on the comment about "mirroring".

It'll help you understand what you misunderstood about what I posted.

Incidentally, if you hadn't smeeked, you'd have see I actually provided a link supporting the fact:
Quote:
Incidentally, the comment in green is actually factual:
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...-than-we-think

Old 06-03-2018, 06:03 AM

It is said in many sources that mobbing targets are often different from the norm. Being the only one of different nationality among a group would not seem to be so coincidental afterall.

“Targeting the different: Bullies hate people who are different from them. Who might be different to a bully at work? If you notice that you're being targeted along with others of the same race, sex, religion, national origin, or color, then the bully is engaging in illegal discrimination”

https://www.aol.com/2013/10/22/workplace-bullying/

Old 06-03-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Read my post again.

Focus on the comment about "mirroring".

It'll help you understand what you misunderstood about what I posted.

Incidentally, if you hadn't smeeked, you'd have see I actually provided a link supporting the fact:
I have seen the link. It still doesn’t give the right to stereotype anyone in terms of work ethic.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:06 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
DOL Department of Labor would be the best place to get advice. And, possibly free legal help if they assess the situation on your side. https://www.dol.gov/

Old 06-03-2018, 06:19 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
DOL Department of Labor would be the best place to get advice. And, possibly free legal help if they assess the situation on your side. https://www.dol.gov/
They’ll laugh him out of the building.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
They’ll laugh him out of the building.
Do you troll because you are a bully yourself or just for attention seeking?

Old 06-03-2018, 06:59 AM

3,070 posts, read 2,403,930 times
Quote:
That makes no sense. The definition of discrimination is, "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex." And a synonym of unjust is, "unfair". 1 + 1 = 2. <shrug>

Not all discrimination is illegal, but unfair treatment is discrimination; and all unfair treatment directed at someone because they are a member of a protected class is illegal.
Unfair treatment based on your coworkers simply being a******s and not liking you isn't discrimination. It sounds like that was the case here.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:20 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,577,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
Being European isn't a protected class... what discrimination would you sue against?

European isn't recognized as a race for racial discrimination
yes it is, are you saying only black people can sue for discrimination ?:
https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/race_color.cfm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment