Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 02:32 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I could post a photo, but will not because I want to remain as anonymous as possible. Besides, someone may accuse me of posting someone else's photo or a photo of myself when I was younger.

I have plenty of faults but looking old is not one of them. I consider that a real valuable gift from God and treasure it greatly. Perhaps part of it is in the genes. Both my parents looked very young for a long time into old age. My sister, who is 12 years older than me also looks much younger than her years. But she has gray hair now.

Physically, I still feel like I am 25 and can do everything that I did back then. Mentally, I feel better and am way more mature than I was at 25.

While my hair is still blond, I do have some gray in my whiskers so if I grew a beard it would have gray hair mixed in with the blond, but otherwise no other changes. Some women do hit on me occasionally, not realizing that I am old enough to be their grandpa. LOL! I plan to enjoy this youth for as long as possible.
I suppose it is possible, but far from common. Christie Brinkley looks incredibly young at age 65. Lucky you.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:06 PM

46 posts, read 35,490 times
I'm in my early 50's, but I look like I'm about 35. (I hated getting asked for my ID when I was nearly 30 years old, but now it doesn't bother me when a cashier asks me for it.) One time when I was in my 30's, I was visiting with someone at a bar. They told me that when they met me, they thought I was in my early 20's-but once they started talking to me, they could tell I was older. I took it as a compliment.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:26 PM

4,972 posts, read 2,714,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I suppose it is possible, but far from common. Christie Brinkley looks incredibly young at age 65. Lucky you.
Yeah, I just don't know how long it's going to last. It is like playing Russian Roulette every morning when I look in the mirror.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I have met plenty of young people who look older than their age. But never a 60 year old that look 20. Not even a celebrity. At 20, you still have that youthful looking face.
Now, that doesn't mean you can't look young at 60.
No, I don't look like I'm 20. But 25 to 30, yes. Some people say I look like I'm in my 30s. Some even go up to 40 but not beyond. I do have a youthful face with no wrinkles. Still have my hair and it remains blond without gray. Comparing my photos from when I was in my mid-20s to today's, I look very similar.

Contrary to movie stars, I've never had any work done on me. However, while I'm told that I am handsome, I know that I am not movie star handsome. I used to joke that George Clooney and I am the same age and that he is more handsome than me. However, I look a heck of a lot younger than him. But enough about me. I'm just a tired old retiree who is enjoying his golden years. Yes, I am young looking but at my age, for how much longer?

Old 03-31-2019, 12:33 AM

243 posts, read 268,560 times
Quote:
I am 62 but can still pass for someone in their 20s. However, if I tried to go back into software development I doubt that I would succeed. Documentation and information readily obtainable on me would give me away. So no matter how young you may look, the employer will know who you are or could easily find out without much effort. If anyone does an Internet search on me, one of the first pieces of information on me would be:

(my name), Age 62

And the same for anyone else.

Tough luck, old chum.
I had to lol at this post

Back to the topic though; I’m 25 and I look like 15. Whenever I buy alcoholic beverages I get asked for my ID all the time. I do get called “sir” a lot usually by the cash register whenever I’m purchasing something at a store though

Old 03-31-2019, 01:11 AM

908 posts, read 961,542 times
Quote:
No, I don't look like I'm 20. But 25 to 30, yes. Some people say I look like I'm in my 30s. Some even go up to 40 but not beyond. I do have a youthful face with no wrinkles. Still have my hair and it remains blond without gray. Comparing my photos from when I was in my mid-20s to today's, I look very similar.

Contrary to movie stars, I've never had any work done on me. However, while I'm told that I am handsome, I know that I am not movie star handsome. I used to joke that George Clooney and I am the same age and that he is more handsome than me. However, I look a heck of a lot younger than him. But enough about me. I'm just a tired old retiree who is enjoying his golden years. Yes, I am young looking but at my age, for how much longer?
a lot of people think b/c they dont have wrinkles they look youthful. not true at all. it's not wrinkles that makes someone look old. it's jowls, loss of facial fat, a general sagginess to the face. i absolutely do not believe you look 30 years younger than your age. i'm not being mean. i have always been told i look young for my age and i know I def do not look like someone nearing 50. however, i have never ever ever met someone who looks 30 much less 40 years younger than their age.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:55 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
You obviously have not seen her face to face.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:59 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliefNorth View Post
I had to lol at this post

Back to the topic though; I’m 25 and I look like 15. Whenever I buy alcoholic beverages I get asked for my ID all the time. I do get called “sir” a lot usually by the cash register whenever I’m purchasing something at a store though
Hmmm, you look like someone half your age and now cash registers talk to you. Have you shared these thoughts with your doctor?

Old 03-31-2019, 05:19 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
I still get asked for my ID when clean shaved. I was born in 1988, yet I look about 10 years younger. I guess it might be good only in tech (where agism is rampant) or creative arts (ditto). In business it makes you look less credible. No wonder why I always fail to get a manager's position. I don't look serious enough for banks, economics, statistic offices. Maybe learning coding might be good after all? They often forget my age and consider me younger. Somehow I feel younger too. How did/do/would you manage in the same situation? I hate being treated as a kid by younger people that look and act older than me lol.
How is it that you know your appearance is why you “always fail to get a managers position” or other jobs? No one hiring would have told you that, so you’re guessing it wasn’t your interview?

I’ve had plenty of very young looking people working in positions of management above me. As long as they were qualified and did a good job, their appearance wasn’t an issue. Not everyone is successful with interviews, and if they can’t get hired, they seem to think it’s due to some form of “ism”.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
a lot of people think b/c they dont have wrinkles they look youthful. not true at all. it's not wrinkles that makes someone look old. it's jowls, loss of facial fat, a general sagginess to the face. i absolutely do not believe you look 30 years younger than your age. i'm not being mean. i have always been told i look young for my age and i know I def do not look like someone nearing 50. however, i have never ever ever met someone who looks 30 much less 40 years younger than their age.
Believe what you want, but what I have said is true. I haven't lost any facial fat and don't have sagginess in the face. My jowls are fine. I have seen people that look far younger than their age in my lifetime. There was one man who was in his seventies but didn't look a day over 40. He had dark hair with no gray whatsoever. My wife also looks younger than her years. She is 52 but people think that she is in her 30s. We consider it a blessing to have found each other.

At any rate, the fact that I look and feel young isn't going to impact this world in any big way. I am just a retiree who is finally enjoying life after a grueling and pressure filled IT career. I feel blessed to have the money and health to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment