Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

She now have a history of lying. Beat the crap out of her. No one will believe her now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 AM

973 posts, read 3,303,836 times
Talk to your manager again and explain that this woman is affecting your ability to do your job effectively and that it has created a hostile work environment. Suggest a "group" meeting with this other woman to make it clear to everyone that you want to resolve the issue.

Personally, I would follow up any meeting with a re-cap of what was said, by whom and the outcome, if any and send it to your boss. This covers your butt and serves as a reminder of what was discussed. Keep the e-mail for future reference.

Give him a chance to resolve it and if it doesn't happen, consider going to his boss.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:00 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
ColdD - start documenting the things she does in a personal calendar. Document as well your reports to management. Send reports to them in an e-mail and then send a copy of that to your personal one to archive. IOW, build a dossier on the case. Go see your own personal therapist...document that visit, and get a copy of the therapist notes. Build a case, slowly but surely. And then when you have enough, make a report to the DOL. I think there's a complaint form in the SC.gov site. Let's see what her lawyer parents do then.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
ColdD - start documenting the things she does in a personal calendar. Document as well your reports to management. Send reports to them in an e-mail and then send a copy of that to your personal one to archive. IOW, build a dossier on the case. Go see your own personal therapist...document that visit, and get a copy of the therapist notes. Build a case, slowly but surely. And then when you have enough, make a report to the DOL. I think there's a complaint form in the SC.gov site. Let's see what her lawyer parents do then.
lol good idea...
I know this is off-topic, Bit..but how do you get the background of your name to look that way?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Ive asked if we can lock her up in the meat freezer...multiple times...but unfortunately they wont let me....
See, the sad thing is, they probably think the both of you are nuts. You can't expect people to take you seriously when you suggest things like this!! I totally feel your pain, but you gotta keep opinions like this on the down-low.

Now, if she does get locked up in the meat freezer, you're on record as saying that, and they're gonna come looking for you!!

I haven't ever worked with a true crazy, so I don't know what I'd do, other than what others have suggested--a mutual meeting where her supervisor and yours, and the four of you try to come up with a solution together. I'm surprised her job performance is such that they keep her.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
See, the sad thing is, they probably think the both of you are nuts. You can't expect people to take you seriously when you suggest things like this!! I totally feel your pain, but you gotta keep opinions like this on the down-low.

Now, if she does get locked up in the meat freezer, you're on record as saying that, and they're gonna come looking for you!!

I haven't ever worked with a true crazy, so I don't know what I'd do, other than what others have suggested--a mutual meeting where her supervisor and yours, and the four of you try to come up with a solution together. I'm surprised her job performance is such that they keep her.
Actually,our manager just laughed and said " Nope. Cant do that...It would be nice though"

Besides, our freezers are impossible to get locked into, unless someone is holding the door shut on the other side.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Try "Consumer Affairs" or "Public Relations" or......

Employee Rights in the Workplace | Privacy | Termination | Harassment | Discrimination | US
Seach here for the right link
eeoc complaint - Yahoo! Search Results

http://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3021.pdf

Old 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Find a different job ASAP. Step 1: Send out resumes to as many employers as possible or move to another department/request department change.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Buy an MP3 recorder with an SD card that is big enough to record a whole days worth of your daily interactions. Every night copy the files to your computer and document everything (dates and times). Atleast if your fired you can look forward to a nice 6 or 7 figure settlement.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Find a different job ASAP. Step 1: Send out resumes to as many employers as possible or move to another department/request department change.
I cant go to another department without going full-time. Im in school full-time, so a full time job on top of that will NOT work.

Also, this is one of the only jobs in town where I can be part time, have 401k and insurance, AND I get a bonus every 6 months when we do inventory.

In short, I am NOT leaving unless I am fired.

I spoke with my manager today, explained what happened, and she agreed that this will be documented, that its getting ridiculous, and that it will be taken care of.
She is going to talk to the store manager Tuesday. Wish me luck...I hope Im not the one that gets in trouble simply because I told this person at one point ( when my blood began to boil) to shut the he!! up and leave me alone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment