Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,575 times

Advertisements

My lead assigned us a task. I had a question about it and she never responded.

The manager wrote an email saying we missed something. Which was exactly my question. My proposal to my question was exactly what the manager said we missed. This has happened a few times already.

The team lead then emails us condescending us saying we should have never missed it and it's horrible. We should never receive emails like that from the manager. (Btw the manager's email imo was not a bad email, it was just an informative one).

I feel like emailing my team lead with my original email attached saying I asked this specific question but never got a response.

Sigh, after writing this post, I know I just have to let it go than making it look like I'm instigating a fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 01:40 PM

395 posts, read 1,287,016 times
if i were you, i wouldnt attach the email and send. I would go and talk to the team lead advising her of your email. maybe its an honest mistake from her side that she missed your email?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,938,904 times
This kind of stuff happens in my job all of the time. If I were you, I'd forward the original email that I'd sent to the lead, to the manager and cc the lead. I'd add a brief note stating that I was simply clarifying this or confirming what the manager had said. Something along those lines. The point is to let the manager know that you raised the point and let the lead know that you're not taking the fall.

The other thing is that whenever I have great ideas, I'll send them to the lead, but I also cc the manager.

In this climate, do whatever you have to do to remain relevant, positive, helpful, etc.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment